71 Westy tintop Update 29th October Going to Auction

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stripped the rear corner of paint , what a bastard was full of filler, the circles are either where it goes in or goes out :roll:

Also took the bottom 4 inches of paint off the lower panel and sliding door after seeing signs of filler

Quality yank repair :eek:

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

Think im going to have to buy a mig welder now :cry: , never done any mig weldin before, done loads of gas, arc and tig though :mrgreen:

89Rallye said:
:lol: Dale you really are as bad as me with the ocd thing. you restore/repaint one thing and it just makes eveything else look shabby.

My other half doesnt get it at all, she stil doesnt believe my vans a light resto :shock: but just like you I want to do it right the first time of asking and wont cut corners.

:lol: :lol: :msn4:

Not done much lately due to the death of a family member :(

Been buying a few parts though ready to rebuild the rear end , also had a few more bits powder coated, dropping some more bits off tomorrow :)

Got some manifolds, air filters and linkage kit for the dells, also some 1641 barrels and pistons

splash pan

IMAG0234.jpg

petrol tank

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

Bought a mig welder, a little practice and away i went :p

Filled the holes in the previous repair

IMAG0250.jpg

Then ground them back

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

Then the same on the sliding door

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

Need to get a couple of repair panels to replace the edge of the door and edge of the rear panel

Got some more bits powder coated

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

Bit of spare time today :mrgreen:

OG Brake pipes and grommet through chassis

IMAG0388.jpg

New flexy hoses

IMAG0390.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0389.jpg

OG insulation cleaned up and refitted

IMAG0392.jpg

Trailing arm on , OG , powdercoated

IMAG0394.jpg

Gearbox mount

IMAG0393.jpg

Happy days, glad to be putting some of it back together :D

Wow nice job your doing there 8) , the ocd really does kick in doesnt it lol, I only planned on changing the rock and roll in mine this winter, and it turned into me stripping the interior to bare metal and building up from there lol :roll:

Latest posts