71 Westy tintop Update 29th October Going to Auction

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more engine pics, nearly all done now

engine11.jpg

engine12.jpg

engine14.jpg

Petrol tank back in :)

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0593.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

Bought a new bottom connection, came with a plastic filter, decided to bin this and reuse the og one as i couldnt see how the new one would seal against the tank, the og one goes inside the hole and the plastic ones supposed to sit against the face :?

IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0589.jpg

Bit more done

Put a new conduit in to run more cables for gauges and rev counter

IMAG0631.jpg

IMAG0632.jpg

Then where i had to chop a section out of the heater cable conduit , i put a 15mm one over the top

IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

Then put the heater cable in at last

IMAG0638.jpg

The front is the next to be started after the engines back in, beam will be of paint underneath like the back and powdercoat everything in sight!

IMAG0644.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

Then after that will get on with stripping the centre section of underseal and crap where the conduits are and paint, took the lagging jacket off the heater tube, looks pretty good, slight bit of rust on the front bit

IMAG0636.jpg

IMAG0635.jpg

Front at the minute :roll:

IMAG0637.jpg

I like white by the way :lol:

Put me wheels on the front

IMAG0629.jpg

IMAG0630.jpg

Got the fuel pipe and filter done and pipe through to the engine bay

IMAG0666.jpg

IMAG0667.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

Started stripping the old underseal on the centre section, got about half done at the minute

IMAG0670.jpg

IMAG0671.jpg

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

IMAG0674.jpg

Got some waxoyl down the section thats been done at the rear

IMAG0675.jpg

Finished stripping the underseal :roll:

Wired the battery up and connected up the fuel tank sender, put about 15 litres of fuel in it, turned the ignition on, nothing on the gauge,then a bit of a little bounce of the needle, so checked the earth, was ok, so went and got some more fuel, 20 litres more in, still nothing on the gauge

Checked all the wiring and everything was fine

Did a search on here and found if i earthed the sender out and if the gauge then reads full , then the senders fucked, yep thats what i've got :evil:

So just ordered a new sender from Heritage and got to drain and remove the tank again :cry: :cry:

Heres the pile of underseal not including the stuff that went in me eyes :msn4:

IMAG0693.jpg

Repalced the sender, tank out :cry:

IMAG0686-1.jpg

On a slightly happier note , the engines in :D

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

IMAG0695.jpg

IMAG0694.jpg

On the downside i had the starter reconned when i took the old engine out, it worked fine before but i thought while its out may aswell get it done :!:

What a waste of time that was as it now dont work at all :shock:

So never got chance to start it :cry:

A few more shots

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG0687.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

Next job is to do the wiring for the Alternator, coil , oil press switch and guage, and the fuel pump, prob will wire this through a relay

Also got the breather box to do :roll:

Heebee_GB said:
Stunning work dale. :D
What did you use to get the underseal off?

Cheers Gary

Metal decorators scrapers from aldi, its hard going in places lying on your back, hard plastic ones may work but just be careful not scrape the metal through the paint

Superb effort. Your hard work is paying off. A wise move sorting out the fuel tank and replacing all connections. I can never understand new bus owners that never do this when a bus is 40 years old! :shock:

You must be well chuffed.
8)

LV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQFTroh1OqE&feature=g-upl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a link til i sort how i want it to be like in the post :?

Latest posts