Abnormal price of VW buses in your country!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen

Reaction score
Good day to all of you!
Last month and a half watching here on your forum selling VW buses and one thing not clear to me, so I'll ask you to explain to me:
How can VW buses, which cost over £ 5000 have a bad SHEET (sheet metal)? I do not understand something like that!
For example, in America Average VW bus costs between $ 6000 and $ 10,000! Same as that VW buses in your country cost between £ 7000 and £ 14,000! Is it normal for you?
And let's say I want to import from your country in my VW bus, the price jumps to double up! So if VW Bus in your country will cost £ 10,000 and I buy it. When I come to my country I will pay the same amount for all taxes! I wonder how you can explain to me something like that?
Thank you in advance!

Is Croatia not in the EU?, as if it is then there are no taxes to pay when you import a bus into your country, if its not in the EU then sorry!!

Ok, take this as a metaphor (or similie, can't remember which) for what happened when the spanish invaded south america. The Incas and Aztecs had a shit load of gold which was so common that it wasn't really worth much, and conversely very rare to the Spanish and so they wanted it.
The same is true in North America (or more specifically the dry states) where rust free buses are fairly common and subsequently relatively cheap, but get one into the UK and the price shoots up cos they are pretty rare things.
SIMPLES?!! :lol:

A quote....

"In 1971, the Hanover Factory was producing 125 Bay Windows a day - 45,000 a year and of those 22417 were Campers. Now, this is the important figure - 19000 of those Campers were destined for the USA"

Case and point. I thank you......

Grazzer said:
A quote....

"In 1971, the Hanover Factory was producing 125 Bay Windows a day - 45,000 a year and of those 22417 were Campers. Now, this is the important figure - 19000 of those Campers were destined for the USA"

Graham

Not sure where the quote is from but in 1971 VW built 277,503 T2's around the world and don't forget production was at Emden as well. In 1970 VW exported a staggering 72,515 to the US and for the crossover fans out there (not sure why some people think they are rare :lol: :lol: :lol: ) VW built 294,932 T2's in 1972, highest ever production in one year :mrgreen:

Graham L said:
Grazzer said:
A quote....

Graham

Not sure where the quote is from but in 1971 VW built 277,503 T2's around the world and don't forget production was at Emden as well. In 1970 VW exported a staggering 72,515 to the US and for the crossover fans out there (not sure why some people think they are rare :lol: :lol: :lol: ) VW built 259,101 T2's in 1972, highest ever production in one year :mrgreen:

Now I'm confused - in '72 they built 259,101, but in '71, they built 277,503............ which is the larger number :?:

Sorry the 72 figure was for Emden & Hannover only, around the world they built 294,932 in 1972 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (corrected my original post)

OK Graham, I stand corrected!!!

The information came from one of my many books and was badly interpreted by my good self :oops:

It should read thus...."In 1971, Westfalia had hit the 100,000th Camper, and their production level was 125 Bays a day - this was just campers. They built 22417 Westy's that year, and of those 19000 went to the USA"

:oops:

No Problem, whichever way you look at it the numbers are mind boggling, we are always amazed at how quick they got through chassis numbers in each model year, getting into the thousands within the first few weeks of production.

Graham L said:
and for the crossover fans out there (not sure why some people think they are rare :lol: :lol: :lol: ) VW built 294,932 T2's in 1972, highest ever production in one year :mrgreen:

Well they had to empty the parts bins some how, must be quicker to build when your just slinging on whatever parts are to hand :p

ProfessorWheeto said:
[
Well they had to empty the parts bins some how, must be quicker to build when your just slinging on whatever parts are to hand :p

Ohh missus :shock: ;)

ProfessorWheeto said:
Graham L said:
and for the crossover fans out there (not sure why some people think they are rare :lol: :lol: :lol: ) VW built 294,932 T2's in 1972, highest ever production in one year :mrgreen:

:lol:

Latest posts