Accelerator pedal not returning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinky

Reaction score
I have realised that the high revs at lights when the clutch is engaged is due to the accelerator pedal not returning properly. I have to lift it back into position with my foot. I have removed the carpet and it still sticks and I can't see anything within the van that it is catching on. There is quite a clunck when I depress the pedal.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Kerri

LH or RH drive?sounds like posible pivot on linkage under floor ,also check carb end /spring .on uk buses theres a spring on mech at front of cable ,they break .cables fray and get sticky in conduit ect so you need to check it all the way through.

67panel said:
LH or RH drive?sounds like posible pivot on linkage under floor ,also check carb end /spring .on uk buses theres a spring on mech at front of cable ,they break .cables fray and get sticky in conduit ect so you need to check it all the way through.

Hiya
He is LHD. It is sticking the engine end but I assumed that was because the pedal was sticking.......I basically haven't got a clue what I'm doing....... I'll get him booked in for a check up!

Thanks, keri

Have you got twin carbs fitted?

My throttle did the same a few weeks ago and the small grub screw came loose on the hex bar allowing my cable to move about a cm, so catching the tinware as I was letting off, quick adjustment and all ok.

rustydiver said:
Have you got twin carbs fitted?

My throttle did the same a few weeks ago and the small grub screw came loose on the hex bar allowing my cable to move about a cm, so catching the tinware as I was letting off, quick adjustment and all ok.

Nope ....no twin carbs....all a standard 1600 engine.

Latest posts