Airbox and A-pillar

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

Reaction score
Does anyone know of anywhere selling replacement front airbox's and A-pillar repair sections for an EB (1970)?

I've just hacked off the front of my bus and someone has patched the air box with some nice thin tin and pop rivets. amazing what you can hide with lots of paint. It could be patched but I'd like to get it solid if I can, or does anyone know if this is a step too far and I'm better off just patching it.

As for the A-pillar, it's relatively solid except for where the front panel wraps round the leading door shut edge. I looked at a later type as I did wonder if I could use just the outer edge, but they come in at about £80 and I was told they were not suitable. At least they seem to be quite chunky. The bottom of the a-pillar has also been badly patched. Anyone tried fitting a later a-piller to an early bus, minus the door mounts?

Cheers.

graham had an air box,dont know if he skiped it in the move?a post ,is it just the edge where front panel wraps around edge to make door shut?cant you make it out of sheet steel.

Cheers for the comments. I could make it from sheet steel, but it that ribbed leading edge is the same on the late bay it might make sense to use that as mine has already been patched badly by someone in the past.

Latest posts