Airspeed no more?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six

Reaction score
just in gsf overheard conversation on their phone.. apparently Airspeed aka rich trent has gone.. airspeed has shut down..

They confirmed this when off the phone, airspeed went awol tuesday.. kinda makes sense I've been trying to get hold of airspeed all week.

anyone confirm this?

thanks

wookey

I spoke to Rich on Wednesday and he said there was a family incident to deal with and the other guys had been given the time off, so hopefully it's just a temporary thing.

Their unit has been for sale for ages, always wondered if they were just moving or what?

Sparky

tis a shame, just putting together a list of stuff i need to replace on my engine now there wont be a warrenty. just hope martin and the other staff get work pretty quick. nice chap doesnt deserve to be workless

Hi,

Quite a lot of press on Airspeed on VZI on ther feedback forum and SSVC amongst others......... :|

http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=679240&page=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64432&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dont know current news..........

Alistair

aogrady said:
Hi,

Quite a lot of press on Airspeed on VZI on ther feedback forum and SSVC amongst others......... :|

http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=679240&page=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64432&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dont know current news..........

Alistair

With the amount and length of time these kinds of comments have been going on about his work it is a wonder he lasted so long.......

sparkywig said:
a bit lacking in customer service...

all to common these days me thinks...too much money involved...good sales patter and no skills makes for good business...poor sales patter and good skills...povety :?

sparkywig said:
I gave up in the end, fed up with all the mudslinging.

best way 8)

In the position of needing a new motor pdq, and hence doing a fair bit of research, it certainly seems that you can find a dissatisfied customer of almost any of the known players; equally there's usually at least one to support said supplier. I guess that's the way of t'internet. However, this particular case does bring "smoke"and "fire" to mind.
None of which helps me particularly, as given enough time I reckon a Laurie Pettitt or JMR build has to be the way to go, as in defiance of the above they seem to have only positive comments made about them. I'm not sure that they can get me an engine in a couple of weeks though, so that's a project for next winter!

Vzi reporting the receivers are being called in.

Shame to see any business fail, but ...

Johnny said:
pick two, its sooooo true!

Fast / Reliable / Cheap

in my experience it was neither fast nor cheap and with a knackered oil pump already.. not reliable either.. Just gotta hope thats the end of the faults!

believe me I'd love to pick two :cry:

It is a shame for a business to go down but all the engine builders who make quality engines are all still going, same name over years and years, it must tell you something. 8)

oh yeah its a tough expensive lesson. when i first requested my engine though alot of the info hadn't surfaced then, the builder was close, ment i could ust pop up ad i try to support local business when i can.

now im faced with a potential rebuild again so I know its checked and made right.. the hard part is finding a builder now that will touch the product. :shock:

six said:
oh yeah its a tough expensive lesson. when i first requested my engine though alot of the info hadn't surfaced then, the builder was close, ment i could ust pop up ad i try to support local business when i can.

now im faced with a potential rebuild again so I know its checked and made right.. the hard part is finding a builder now that will touch the product. :shock:

Let me know if your having trouble dood and i will get it sorted for you and put you on to someone who will take care of it for you 8)

much appreciated.. your up near bristol right might be worth a trip up get a looksee .. the contact isnt that chap at interpro is it?

Talking to a mate of mine today one of his fellow club members has 5k of engine that he cant get. He is going to try and meet the recivers ,hope all works out for him and anyone else caught up in this.

Johnny said:
pick two, its sooooo true!

Fast / Reliable / Cheap

Actually, cheap and reliable for the summer would be fine from where I'm sat at the moment. But with a (small) finite amount of time available the best choice looks like a TES 1600tp; will this inevitably end in tears? :shock:

Sorry for any thread creep.

six said:

why wont anyone touch it?

Surely so long as your expectations are realistic, there should be no probelm...if you ask a builder to strip and rebuild.....the level they check is the level of their responsibility....if they don't split the case their offering a top end etc....

..if your asking them to do a limited check on a (rumoured to be) poor engine builders work and say it is ok then that is understandable they dont want to touch it

That will be me then. I have a new 1776 that Richard built about 9 months ago. Plan to put it in over the next 4 weeks. Hope it starts and work ok. I purchased mine before all of the shit hit the fan on VZI so now I worrying about it , but hay ho , I might get lucky!

Latest posts