Alternator angst

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding this alternator and I’ve got new bearings and the brushes have loads of life left in them, but I got an issue. When taking it apart, a funny looking stepped washer fell out and I don’t know where it goes. More precisely, I think i know where it goes but not which way around. It fell out with all the banging and bashing and tapping and drumming to get it into pieces. I think it goes on the main shaft as that’s pretty much the only place it looks to fit, right up to where the shaft reduces. It is actually a perfect fit under the bearing retaining plate apart from it stops the bearing from spinning.

IMG_4225.jpegIMG_4223.jpeg

Does this help ?
Yes it does , yes it shows brilliantly which way round it goes. I had the right place ish but the wrong orientation. That fits exactly into the bearing retaining plate but from the other side. Get it back together tomorrow and start wiggling it back into the fan housing.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Winderful :)

Hahahahah nice work Gabs, now I don’t have this issue but you’ve helped me, now I’m going to look for explodes views , nice one man why didn’t I think of that

Hahahahah nice work Gabs, now I don’t have this issue but you’ve helped me, now I’m going to look for explodes views , nice one man why didn’t I think of that
You can’t beat a bit of googling Munga 😉

Whereas I’ve been Googling for almost two days and couldn’t find Jack. There’s Googlers and there’s Googlers, and apparently I’m no Googler.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,every dog ,,,,,,, :)

Whereas I’ve been Googling for almost two days and couldn’t find Jack. There’s Googlers and there’s Googlers, and apparently I’m no Googler.

Always there to help Ozziedog like your help with my tappets 👌🏼

Latest posts