Asprin

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Anyone take em?
Im 37 and been as thin as a stick for my entire life :mrgreen: .
Anyway, just before christmas i suddenly started to put weight on and in the last 4 months have put on 2 1/2 stone and am now the heaviest ive ever been.
So, time to start looking after myself i reccon. Already started to watch what i eat but hasnt realy made any difference so i can only assume my body is trying to tell me something.
As a part of my new found way of life i was wondering weather it was worth starting the asprin a day thing.
Not wanting to turn into a fitness freak but just want to look after myself a little better.
Is 37 to early?

Rich

Jesus Rich, aspirin is what folk at risk of heart disease and strokes take, not a little over weight 37 year olds :mrgreen: You'd be better off taking up a hobby that keeps you fit. I used to be a runner but had to give it up for an injury I endured in the army. I'm now into my road biking, low impact sport and good fun too. Gets you out and about and you get to buy a nice bike that takes very little effort to ride.
Adopt a healthy eating lifestyle and do some phys, aspirin is for folk with medical conditions IMO!

Cheers for your reply.

I see what your saying but isnt waiting till theres a problem like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted?
My lifestyle isnt realy one of a slouch though just my food intake needs sorting.
Im a mechanic so on my feet for almost 9 hours a day then the dog walk (every day) of 2 to 3 miles.

Rich

Just cut out the salt and saturated fats, that should be enough Rich.
I'm fortunate to be skinny myself, but I eat very little saturated fat at all! Start looking at the labels of what you eat, you'll be surprised. Then check the recommended daily intake of fats/salts/sugars on any of such websites. NHS will probably have something. It's scary I can tell you, the crap they put in food these days is terrible.
Little research should set you right. :D

My uncle did that and ended up in hospital can't remember why it all happened but the upshot from the medics was don't it.

Hope your not the type to worry/stress over things as that's the only time I loose weight :shock: although as i've become older I seem to have lost over a stone, I ride a Bike to work every day plus walk the Dogs most Chaps half my age Can't keep up with me on the bike or foot, when we go on holiday the wife looses weight :lol: as we do so much walking.
Not too bad as I'm 53 in September & have not even considered Asprin :shock: as my pump(Heart)along with me Nasher's are the best part of me :)
Perhaps your just chilled,satisfied,contented,or even happy as this is also a source of weight gain :roll:

Asprin can sometimes cause gastric bleed's so if you've ever had an ulcer or gi bleed it's a nono

Hmm,

I am no medical professional (so totally disregard that I say ;) ) but sat here speaking to one who read your post & said, hmm, sudden weight gain, no obvious reason, unable to lose weight easily ?

Have your Thyroid checked.........

Forget aspirin, thats for people trying to keep their blood thin.

The internet's a great place for amateur medics who will have you self diagnosing yourself into an early grave.

Check to see if your GP runs a "well man" clinic, but be warned you could be due for a prostrate check :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

In my opinion you should not be taking any drugs on a regular basis unless told to by a doctor.
If you have put on a lot of weight very quickly (ie you said 2 1/2 stone in 16 weeks) and can not explain why in my opinion you should be going to see a doctor or health worker. There may be a more serious underlying problem.

For what it's worth, I am 40 and too thick around the middle for my liking. I bought a road bike just after christmas and have lost half a stone without doing anything more than doing 15-20 miles twice a week. Still eating (and drinking) as I have always done.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Think a trip to the docs is in order.

Rich

Latest posts