ATTN: Mr Scoops -Missing in Action-Urgent Appeal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Reaction score
DO YOU KNOW THE LOCATION OF THIS TOOL OF JOY ?

This tool is a much loved item by its owner and i am sure by all who have had the pleasure of using it .

Last seen with Mr Scoops . If you have this item still please could you PM me or the Owner because it is greatly needed to help me from going nuts with this drop arm.

I don't mind sending you the postage money, just as long as i can get my scuffed up dirty little mitts on it .

Cheers

Dude

Also, if anyone has borrowed this from Mr Scoops,,, Would you kindly post it to me or `Dude' as a few peeps have asked to borrow it :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

I don't have that specific one but I do have one just like it if anyone needs to borrow it!

Sorry chaps, I think mine is to small for the trailing arm ball joints.
Mr Scoops, where are you?! :lol:

Arse!
It's been in the glovebox of SuperDry since Bristol Volksfest last year!

Every time I get home from a show I realise I spent too much attention on sipping Thatchers and not enough time finding you!

I work in Nailsea and live in WsM. What's the best way to get it back to you Boss?

Well done Mr Scoops, Is there any chance that you could post it straight to `Dude' His need is greater than mine at the moment :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, All`s well that ,,,, ,,,, :mrgreen:

"trailing arm off the box" ?? would that be the arm on the steering box, sorry for the doofus question but you know how it is.

I have tried to get my arm of the steering box used various sized pullers 2 arm 3 arm etc big and small tried heat everything, but tighter than a nuns.......... but because the backside of the shoulder does not have a "flat" on it nothing holds i have even had a big two arm puller on there with a coil spring clamp over the legs to try and stop it pulling off.... GGRRR :evil: no worky.

so if this is the tool for the job i'll gladly pay the post, to get a lend of it...

busdiver said:
"trailing arm off the box" ?? would that be the arm on the steering box, sorry for the doofus question but you know how it is.

I have tried to get my arm of the steering box used various sized pullers 2 arm 3 arm etc big and small tried heat everything, but tighter than a nuns.......... but because the backside of the shoulder does not have a "flat" on it nothing holds i have even had a big two arm puller on there with a coil spring clamp over the legs to try and stop it pulling off.... GGRRR :evil: no worky.

so if this is the tool for the job i'll gladly pay the post, to get a lend of it...

2 leg hydraulic puller is the way we get steering drop arms off, if you put a heavy duty cable tie around the legs of the puller arms and drop arm it holds the arms in place, everyone we have done (so far) has come off like this. Keep the nut of the end of the threads as the arm comes off very quickly once it releases :lol: :lol:

cheers graham, mine must be on there from 1972 as i said i have had a big two arm puller on there with a coil spring clamp over the legs to stop the "spread" and no joy.

was trying to avoid cutting it off and the cost of a 40quid replacement

This little puller of mine, is not for trailing arm bushes or suchlike. It`s just to get the arm off the steering box. Because of it`s tubular construction, it doesn`t spread and lose any pressure. Slacken the nut right off and remove, insert tool and centralise, tighten it up and tap the arm, tighten some more and tap the arm and so on and so on, then without further ado it just goes plop and it`s off and you think,,,, that wasn`t so tight maybe, or I must have loosened it with my previous efforts. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, It works :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
This little puller of mine, is not for trailing arm bushes or suchlike. It`s just to get the arm off the steering box. Because of it`s tubular construction, it doesn`t spread and lose any pressure. Slacken the nut right off and remove, insert tool and centralise, tighten it up and tap the arm, tighten some more and tap the arm and so on and so on, then without further ado it just goes plop and it`s off and you think,,,, that wasn`t so tight maybe, or I must have loosened it with my previous efforts. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, It works :mrgreen:

Sounds like bliss after the weekend I have had under the bus :shock: :roll:

All arranged now with mr scoops I will have it back to you ASAP ozzziedog,,,,,,, . :D

Cheers dude

" It`s just to get the arm off the steering box "

just what i am struggling with. don't suppose i could be cheeky :roll: and ask to borrow it after Dude happy to pay the carriage..

Can someone measure up the dimensions of this puller. If it's the same size as mine (i.e. it will do the job) then I'm happy to loan it out.

Well to follow up on this drop arm story .

I order one of buttys steering wheel tools in hope that i could get a proper grip on this drop arm to pull it off , i defiantly got a strong grip and the pullers held perfect but below you can see the outcome and Butty's bits are super strong so this is nothing against the tool in the slightest and i shall be using it to remove my steering wheel, BUT the Ba$*%D still has not budged an inch :evil:

Now ALL my hopes are resting on Ozziedogs tool :?

Did you Sort it yet mr scoops ?

Also Ozzziedog after seeing what it did to that thick piece of steel , do you think your tool is up to it ? i would hate to break it after its been missing in action so long . :? :?

Latest posts