• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bay Rev Counter in dash Pod. Top Quality. Poss Group Buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry if the question is repeated repeated repeated but how do you light these up?

Sorry for the delay but now I have some further information on this.

FIrstly, a lot of you have asked Whether it is backlit. the answer is yes, it is lit by a light green LED.

For people in the know, the rev counter moves by way of a very accurate stepper motor which is often used in racing applications.

The face has been improved, although I haven't seen it yet as it's not finished (I will put pictures up when i get one) the face will be constructed using the blanking plate (which you will need to provide) taking into account the outer and the inner ring so that the face looks as close as possible to the other dials.

I should have the price in the next few days but by the way he was talking, i think it will be coming out more than i have originally estimated.

I will keep you all updated as soon as I know any more.

Cheers

Phil

I really like this - (I've been trying to work out a way of incorporating my old blanking plate into my VDO Rev counter without wrecking it).
I'll be in on this as long as it's not silly money!
I'll replace Toffo24 as he's left the group buy (especially as it puts me top of the list ;) )

1. Spyderman
2. Terrier man
3. Chad
4. Hadders (Mark)
5. Vagcar
6. Whistler
7. A5H
8. Shorty
9. Humby
10. Dasteel
11. Skiingnick
12. - Empty space as Johnnycake left the group buy
13. vwwinston72
14. Mr G
15. Lobie
16. 68_early_bay
17. Myvanway
18. cotswoldiver
19. Earlybay Bill
20. Luk0zade
21. Curly Head
22. Humprey
23. Whitley Bay
24. Busman73
25. Wannabay
26. Heebee_GB
27. ShaggyXO
28. Olaf
29. Mad vdub
30. Scutch
31, jonboylaw
32 neilswheels
33 Eds - Westy
34 Carlos
35 bigbear
36. Pickles - if the price is right ... also bit confused about the similar post from another?
37 JBTheinitial
38. Lee152
39. Foz
40. Fantana
41. Delilahtoo (if sub £100)
42. chrisgooner
43. molbyj
44. Steamo (price dependant)
45. Turbocab
46. Budbay6
47. Hobo
48. micaz
49. Rennie1
50. flea5590
51. dazza1975
52. bay-low71 (6000rpm)
53. Max Power
54. Burns808
55. Flyingsprout - I'm in at around that price
56. Antoniodaros
57.vwgillybilly
58. Nopower-no resp (6000 rpm)
59. Coopster
60. Rpp123456
61. Yachty (6000rpm)
62. 69armybay
63. Jimme1971
64. Preston (6000)

Hi Guys

I've now have a price for the rev counters. They are coming out at £124.51 + vat. I was hoping to put a couple of quid on each one to pay for mine as i think it is such a great addition to my bus and i really am pleased with it, mainly because i dont have to stick a separate gauge pos somewhere else in the cab.

If you would like to order one, they are running the next batch which they are looking to be almost exact replica's of the rest of the dash pod ie they match very closely to the other clocks and they recon on 6 weeks turnaround time for the 10. They need 10 dash pods initially (so they can ensure a good fit into the aperture as they are fanatical about making sure everything fits properly to start. then they will just need the blanking plate to make the face from.

You need to get in contact with Peter Galloway from Speedy Cables. [email protected] +44 (0) 1639 732213. He is very helpful, he will not get back to you unless there is something to report.

I will now not process the list as it would be quicker and cheaper for you all to go direct. I was hoping to put a couple of quid on each one to cover the cost and time of building mine but I'm happy with mine and Peter will be giving me a freebie rev counter which I will probably put in the Beetle so I'm happy with that.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers

Phil

Phil
Do you have a pic of the redesigned face?
I'll have to see if I can find the blanking plate as I have a clock in the spare pod, unless anybody knows where I can get one from
Gerry

Hello everyone,
I spoke to a guy today called Neil meakin at speedycables sister company who appears to have been delegated the task of producing these rev counters. Having had a good chat with him, he is under the impression that we need to organise this via the forum and confirm numbers before sending our required parts in individually? Does this sound right phillywilly??

Hi all

I spoke to him today too! How freaky is that.

Anyway, my guy came back to say that he may find it difficult to fulfil this many orders. He then referred me on (last week) to Caerbont automotive and Neil Meakin. He has told me that the pricing will be as follows:
Group Purchase - ship total quantity to you - £128.94 per unit (including shipping and VAT).
Group purchase - we ship to individuals - £139.20 per unit (including shipping and VAT)

I would need to add something on if I was to handle shipping for all orders (I would prefer not to and have them shipped direct) but this is a great product and mine looks "the business" even though it is still the fully working prototype and not an exact replica which is what Neil thinks he can easily achieve in quantity.

He needs the blanking plate from your existing dash pod to make the face of the rev counter.

He needs a list of people who are interested at the above price. Could we compile another list of people who are still interested and I will get things moving.

Lets start with building the list again. I will give it until the end of the week then send them over, when you have put your name on the list, could you pm me to give your name, email and address.

Alternatively, you could email him direct at [email protected]

I will assist where I can.

Cheers.

Phil.

Ps. They said they can also look at producing electronic speedo for the bay which means you can calibrate it yourself! They do one for the splitty but it is expensive.

Thanks Phil. Would really like to see a pic before I go further, any chance?
Neil

Hi all

I have had a graphic of what the dash pod will look like with the new rev counter in it. I will keep you informed of progress as ever.

http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/philipip/media/Bay%20windows%20Dash%20pod%20with%20Rev%20Counter/Screenshot2013-06-25at085429.png.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know what you think.

To get the ball rolling, we need some names of people who are interested. This should now be a fairly quick process to get these sorted. I have a few names already so if you could pm me with your contact details, i will let you know what you need to do to order.

Cheers

Phil

Im really intrested in these but I haven't got the blanking plate as the previous owner put an piece of shit after market rev counter in there. Is there any way round this without the blanking plate?

Latest posts