Ben's 72 Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Ben72Bay, sounds like you have made a great job of your Bay and I have duly noted.😄
I too have bought a Bay 73 but I am at the very early stages of gathering information.
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all of you guys for sharing your thoughts and experiences here. "Great Forum".
I will also be doing this when I get going.
Thanks again.
Here is a snip it. Below.
Good luck with your journey.
Lots of useful info and helpful people on here 👍

5.30 leave this morning heading for Space Roofs in Okehampton.
ACDECC11-C829-4A53-80A7-1F8C9DB31F14.jpeg
4F559875-074B-4FC1-89C3-FA0A168C32E3.jpeg
Arrived safe and sound 4 hours later! Bus ran great for all those motorway miles. Only thing was that the side mirror decided to go a bit streamline!!!!
8E255BD7-289A-4D30-8C4E-80C1F41D1332.jpeg
Still a bit noisy for my liking inside the cabin at motorway speeds but I still have some more insulating to do which will hopefully make a difference.
Nostalgic drive through Exeter on the way to the train station for the journey home.
Even saw the palm tree I planted 25 years ago going strong 😁😁
85A1B05D-74E0-41E0-8DC8-D4F73202D965.jpeg
Am looking forward to their progress reports over the next few weeks before I pick it up…

These Bilstein shocks from T2D are superb. So much more stable on the motorway and generally a lot less crashy than before (although the old ones were completely shot!)

Good choice, I had my tintop converted to a poptop by them several yrs ago, huge improvement for van life, esp on long trips

I installed a rail, hidden when roof is down, for a fiamma caravanstore awning although could also be used for a tent awning

89054E04-20B2-4D13-BE5A-613A99D63D66.jpeg

Good choice, I had my tintop converted to a poptop by them several yrs ago, huge improvement for van life, esp on long trips

I installed a rail, hidden when roof is down, for a fiamma caravanstore awning although could also be used for a tent awning

View attachment 2971
I’d be interested to see if you have the bed platforms as well. Something I’m planning to build myself, so any detail you have would be much appreciated.
Including any pics of the awnings attached!
Thank you 😁👍

Here’s a pic with the fiamma awning, at Womad 2018, useful when it rains for getting in/out of the van
07AAE357-AE0E-4396-8DAF-2CFA19736349.jpeg

Attachments

• 3B5F99F4-C37B-4A53-B76E-2B9AE8ACFEF9.jpeg
    3B5F99F4-C37B-4A53-B76E-2B9AE8ACFEF9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I do have a set of the bed boards but have never used them as we sleep ‘downstairs’

You’re welcome to them as I’m decluttering the garage

Also, I see you’ve got a rear ‘headbanger’ unit which you want to refit. I had the same and had to cut it down to fit in with a new interior I’d installed

651CE58D-67DC-4153-BBA0-FB5DCE4766E2.jpeg

I do have a set of the bed boards but have never used them as we sleep ‘downstairs’

Also, I see you’ve got a rear ‘headbanger’ unit which you want to refit. I had the same and had to cut it down to fit in with a new interior I’d installed

View attachment 2984
Thanks for the images and pointer about the rear cabinet. Hadn’t thought of that!

I’ve sent you a message about the other bits!
Ben

View attachment 2984
Is that a propex heater under the bed? I fitted one under my 72 bay connected to the orginal pipe work at the front and floor . If it is how do you find it ?

Propex is fine, quietish and efficient
i keep meaning to relocate the on/off/thermostat to the cab area so I can use while on the move as I’ve had a motion bracket fitted, maybe a job for winter…..

7CED6529-C09B-4E06-B7D8-6A0827DD326B.jpeg

Coming on nicely :)

What seats have you fitted? I am considering switching from original to something with a little more comfort.
Sounds like you have not driven it much yet, but how did the freeway flyer perform with your engine? Is 1776 underpowered? Is a steady 70MPH possible or do you have to drop it down a gear on hills?

Mat

Latest posts