Best recon/new engine make ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev-al

Reaction score
(Hope this topic is in correct catagory)
Girlfriends T1 daily needs a new engine -She does 8-10K miles a year in it.
Any opinions on who is producing the best ? Vega, Remtec, TES, other ?
Anyone knocked up decent miles on one and can report back - ?
Many thanks.

well p/o put a recon VEGE lump in mine (before it was mine, obviously) and there is 40000 ml on it since> since i got it and ive only done 10000 of those miles ,ive done the reg. servicing , and drove it the"john muir way" (exeptions being to shift from trucks behind me on motorways) so far so good ,though that question you have asked is a can of worms > down to opinions from experience ,ive read posts on websites from bay owners swearing they would rather remove their eyelids with a chainsaw than fit another VEGE , so ,it"s an interesting question ! if i were going down that route thou , i would pour over the guaruntee with a legal advisor looking over my shoulder !best wishes

We fitted a VW heritage new engine in ours two years ago when the old motor went south. They are quite pricey, but all new (so fairly good valve if you price up the parts individually) and so far it's been very reliable. :D

Latest posts