BHF London to Brighton.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky71

Reaction score
:bliss:

Well i got in on the 40th Anniversary of the British Heart Foundation's London to Brighton cycle ride.
Booked in for a 7 am start.

Just need to raise some sponsorship but more importantly get out and turn some rims on the road and dodge the icy patches :?

Cool. Good luck for the event. I am running the london marathon in April. Been pounding the pavement for weeks now. Doing it for Whizz Kids. Enjoy the build up and event

i did London marathon in 1998 after starting training in late Feb with 6 weeks to go i crossed the line in 3hrs 26mins.
all i'll say is don't get carried away at the start with the crowd of runners,i was doing sub 6 min miles.

good luck.

sharky71 said:
i did London marathon in 1998 after starting training in late Feb with 6 weeks to go i crossed the line in 3hrs 26mins.
all i'll say is don't get carried away at the start with the crowd of runners,i was doing sub 6 min miles.

good luck.

I will be well impressed if he runs the London to Brighton in that time! :lol:

Moseley said:
sharky71 said:

good luck.

I will be well impressed if he runs the London to Brighton in that time! :lol:

Epic fail, that'll teach me to read the first and last post without realising they were written by the same person! :msn4:

Fair play on the marathon time. My fastest was London 2002. 4hr 1 min and 17 secs. Ever thought of running the london to Brighton? I did then gave myself a slap had a beer and forgot about it.

Hips,back and dodgey knees have put paid to road running now,misspent youth of football and rugby and carrying heavy packs over great distances for prolonged periods of time have all taken their toll i'm afraid,that's where the road bike comes into play.
Have done a couple of sportives and generally enjoy road riding.

I get a buzz from riding fast down hill on main roads were i have topped 51.4 mph on tyres no wider than my little finger,adrenalin rush is amazing til i realize i need to scrub off some speed to get round the inevitable next corner!! :lol:

sharky71 said:
Hips,back and dodgey knees have put paid to road running now,misspent youth of football and rugby and carrying heavy packs over great distances for prolonged periods of time have all taken their toll i'm afraid,that's where the road bike comes into play.
Have done a couple of sportives and generally enjoy road riding.

I get a buzz from riding fast down hill on main roads were i have topped 51.4 mph on tyres no wider than my little finger,adrenalin rush is amazing til i realize i need to scrub off some speed to get round the inevitable next corner!! :lol:

You'll enjoy the other side of ditchling beacon - that is some hill to blast down!

mattd1984 said:
Also signed up for this. 6:30 start

Might bump into you with any luck,be riding a Specialized Secauter Elite with Trek cycling jersey, Lusso coolmax bib shorts finished off with Specialized shoes!!

:party0003:

Mix 'n' Match,it's how i roll!!! :lol: :lol:

Hopefully staying near Clapham common,dossing on a floor for a good nights sleep :shock:

sharky71 said:
mattd1984 said:
Also signed up for this. 6:30 start

Might bump into you with any luck,be riding a Specialized Secauter Elite with Trek cycling jersey, Lusso coolmax bib shorts finished off with Specialized shoes!!

:party0003:

Mix 'n' Match,it's how i roll!!! :lol: :lol:

Hopefully staying near Clapham common,dossing on a floor for a good nights sleep :shock:

Blimmy your going to look like a pro compared to me.

Carrera Virtuoso second hand
Probably wearing my old running gear and trainers

Will be getting the train down early!! Yawning at the thought already.

I've ridden London to Brighton several times (& back once) though not for BHF.
The toughest hill is Ditchling. It's not too bad but has a false top, you are not near the top until you see the triangular road sign with horses
images

Then the top is just a few meters away!
From what I understand, it is made more difficult by all the cyclists getting off and walking so you need to get away early.
It is quicker to ride up than walk.

Latest posts