Biassed Opinions Wanted......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sparkle*

Reaction score
Hello *waves* first time Ive found myself in here :D

Right am after some pushing and prodding... Ive got a '68 (think its a dormobile) on an F plate....

I've been selling off my car collection as its too big and now I have to decide which camper to keep......

The other camper is a T25 a/c westy joker....

They are both off the road but the joker probably only needs a weekends worth of work to get it up and running.... so looks a clear cut decision doesnt it...

The early bay needs everything as it was sat for 4 years then we moved it and it fell off the trailer ( never trust 25 year old land rovers to tow :cry: ) and it has sat in a field since with the door hanging off bent wheels and bumpers and a seriously dinged front panel. But the floors/chassis still looks strong.
I know its a crime to leave it there but Ive been a busy bee and what I couldnt see didnt hurt....

Am I crazy keeping it? Ive got a bloke lined up to weld her up bit by bit over the winter but I'm going to have to find more things to sell to pay for the resto. Or should I give it up and sell her??? Ive had loads of people trying to beg the van off me which also worries me as I'm scared they are going to start robbing bits off her :(

Hey sparkle, welcome welcome :D 8)

Dont sell the van! imagine how cool it will be when its up and running. All earlybays should be fixed and restored!

Any tips or pointers or indeed help, post em up here and someone will come running 8)

Dont forget to post them pics of the van in question up! we love piccies :wink:

Not got any pictures of it... suppose I should but its in a really really sorry state :cry:

Suppose I really need to get it somewhere dry and start stripping it out to try figure what I need for it but I've not got room or time at the moment......

Saying that I should maybe start simply by getting it 4 non buckled wheels which hold air.... so it can get moved out of the field... (Ive got one so far... :lol: )

Thats what I'm telling myself cos I love them..... its just trying to justify it with a bit of reality chucked in... but I suppose thats the reason I still have it and dont want to let it go.

Splits are getting too common, lates are a bit ugly (forgive me please all late owners) earlys are just right... ;)

I'm not a split fan nor a late bay fan (we had an early bay for years when I was little)

But my (early... see a theme here...) westy T25 is super comfortable and practical... all be it in an ugly un-fuel efficient way...

Maybe I just keep them both and sell the westy once the bay is finished....

keep em both for the mo and when the bay is nearly back on the road sell the t25 for the final touches on the bay :wink:

Keep the bay, I bought mine for £2.5k, it cost me about £4k to get it on the road and I'm still in pocket. Early Bays are the best earning vans out there.

Yeah fella keep em both use the 25 and get the early back to her former glory, they're things of beauty and need to be cherrished.

welcome mate keep the bay dude and if you are looking for inspiration ...... look no further than this guys thred not finished but what a project :wink: best of luck with the ressurection of your bus 8)

Check it out !
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=1323&highlight=panel+van

The sensible thing would be to sell them both but I'm not going to get enough to get a good early bay realistically am I.... The westy is worth £2k max and only on a good day and the bay with needing all that work...no idea... its probably worth more in parts :( which I'm not going to let happen.... another reason why I still have it :)

If I restore I have the space and kit (and bloke next door who is a better welder that I am).... it'll just take time and I'll have to drip the money into it...

See what I'm doing here... I'm great at talking myself into it....

There are only a lucky few who can afford to buy a mint bay straight off tbh.

Just trickle money at it and do what you can when you can afford it, 99% of us work this way. Anyway... i want to see your work in progress pics :) as it sounds almost as much to take on as Tofufi.

Just look at his thread if you need inspiration... I mean it couldn't be as bad as needing a whole roof transplant could it? :D

get some images up so we can have a nosey 8)

Will try and get pics to show you what I am up against... certainly wont be a quick resto.... The roof is fine though as are the floors and chassis rails which is a good start... it just seems to be all the bits inbetween......

Latest posts