Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So heater cables (old) came out without a problem. Result!!!!!!
Put Boris on the ramp on Saturday and installed the new heater cables. Went in like a dream
all greased up before installation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ignore the red/black wire that is from the trickle charger.
Managed to install wiring to reverse light and get it connected whilst up in the air.
My mate is a mechanic and says all looks ok for the dreaded MOT on Wednesday.
Got a coat of primer on the splash pans to, so more work to get on with for the rest of the week.
And this arrived in the post after a 11 Month wait. At last.

Have a good week everyone.

J & P
:D :D :D

Well that time of year again : MOT :shock:
Slight hiccup on the way , nothing to serious hopefully. Anyway stood by watching and feeling like I did all those years ago when the children were about to arrive.

:p :p Yeah baby. Bring on the summer. And no advisories.

Just because I was so chuffed. Looked good in the car park.

J & P

Congratulations.

Mine is due in June :( which is a pain, trying to bring it forward to avoid any nasty surprises taking the bus out of use for summer

Thanks guy's, is a bit of a concerning time. But all good.
Good luck to all those with upcoming MOT'S.

J & P

Managed to prep and final paint today the splash pans including rubbers.

That's all this week as other things to be done.
Have a good week.

J & P

Thanks Mike , cheap repro ones with tons of primer and tons of top coat hammerite.
Hopefully they last a little longer with all the gunk on. :lol:

J & P

Well has been quite the fruitful week. Bus now has one key for all doors, rear engine comp. and tailgate. :)
Took a bit of patience, lots of laborious swopping and loads of screaming every time springs shot out. :lol:

All is now well and added to stock is going to be shipped to the next in line.
My heartfelt thanks to those that started this all.

J & P

gas1man said:
All is now well and added to stock is going to be shipped to the next in line.

J & P

What do you mean added to stock and shipped to the next in line? :|

Bluesnailman said:
One key for all locks - join the very exclusive club

I was just thinking that :lol: How posh are you two! :tongue0013:

This weekend managed to get some small stuff done. Also managed to connect one heater cable.

And went for a run to the skip and an airing.

Spent the rest of the weekend in Bristol with our daughter who is now 21 and not out the house yet. :lol:
Lots of small things to be done before a few days away in April.

Have a great week everyone.

J & P

Bus looking nice 8)

You don't see many of those black plastic covers on sliding doors!

There's always a few little jobs to do, every time I sit down and think about what I've done so far, I add more things and my list gets longer. :lol:

Thanks Mike , Yes the jobs to do never seem to end.
Managed today to get a butterfly valve sorted to install in line in the heating tube.
This will be closed to protect the Propex when using the bus heating and allow use of Propex
when stationary. Always another job. :lol: :lol:

Was a slow day with only two pupils..... :lol: :lol:
Just booked 4 days in Wales down Haverfordwest way at Redlands. Hoping for some decent weather. ;)

Back soon with more me hopes.

J & P

In line butterfly valve installed to protect Propex.

New window winder carrier installed.

Hopefully might reduce wind noise : will report on outcome on return from trip.
Have a good week everyone.

J & P

No pic's as I had to get on with the job. Got some ramp time on my mates ramp. Replaced both heat exchangers today as the po had put beetle ones on. Put new pipes between bus and heat exchangers.
Did not buy the black plastic tubes, instead used 60mm stainless steel flue pipe from a gas fire and
wrapped in seven quids worth of nice bright blue exhaust heat wrap. Loads cheaper as I have access
to the flue pipe. Lot noisier with the heater tubes connected, even when in closed position. Oh well.
Toasty warm and no complaints from the passenger seat. :lol: :lol:

J & P

Trip to Wales for 4 days.
Day1 :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :shock: :shock: Front driver side wheel bearing drone.
Day2 :| :| :| :eek: :eek: :) :) With the help of a few peeps from this forum, removed and replaced
in three hours in a car park, first time ever. Visit from Mr Plod to make sure we were ok. :shock: :oops:
Day3 All is well.
Day4 Return and on the way back repair petrol pump in garage forecourt. :oops: and home safe. :D :D

Pendine Sands

St Davids car park

Bit rich for us , spotted in Small Haven car park.

St Annes

Our last evening.

Very eventful trip and a huge learning curve. :lol: :lol: . However we had a great time.
Back to the grind and a steering wheel bearing I think. :shock: Oh well.

J & P

Latest posts