Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panel looks good, same as mine but rectangular! You'll see a nice healthy output on a good day, I have seen 4amps or so on mine.

What sort of controller are you using? Mines a MPPT controller

Look forward to seeing it on!

Seats look good, my next job to do

Cheers

Alistair

aogrady said:
Panel looks good, same as mine but rectangular! You'll see a nice healthy output on a good day, I have seen 4amps or so on mine.

What sort of controller are you using? Mines a MPPT controller

Look forward to seeing it on

Cheers

Alistair

Hi Alistair,
Bought a cheapo off Fleabay for about a tenner and seems to be up to the job for now.
It's a 10 amp one so is handling the power. 4 amps in direct sunlight is what I worked out as well.
Just need to come up with some brackets now. Will post when thought about.

J & P
:D :D :D

Post service ride out for fish and chips with the neighbours.

Seems to have done the job , however noticed that the oil sender was not registering properly. :evil: :evil:
Will have to wait for next oil change as am not going to be the little boy with his finger in the dyke. :lol:

Have a good week all.

J & P

Finally got some time to put up photo's of the panel. I decided to put a piece of board on the back, this
is so I can store the five meter lengths of cable that came with it and the hooks also the stainless steel
oven tray to angle it if on the ground.

You can make out the cable behind the board.

This is it on the ground with the tray piece under it for angle.

This is it hooked on the drain and the top held in place with the bunjy cord. The hooks are s shaped pieces of the tray and to protect the rain channel I used left over seatbelt material.

This is the type of oven tray/rack I used as it is all stainless. Used a pair of bolt cutters to cut it up and then ground the ends smooth. Worked really well and the leisure batt. kept the power hungry fridge going all weekend and the car batt. fully charged so start up after all that time was not a problem. I did have visions of jumper cables but they were unfounded. :D :D :lol:

Spent some time this last week installing a pair of decent vw golf front seat belts as the securon ones from the po were not the best.

Have a good week everyone

J & P

Some quick pic's I forgot to post.

Install of grab handle so we can lift back of rusty lee bed with out getting fingers caught down the sides.

And a few pics of table top extension that works whether bed down or up and cupboard works also in either position. Away with the Scrumpy Dubbers this weekend as newbies to the club. As I said have a good week.
Weather is pants outside so able to catch up. :lol:

J & P

Thanks Alistair, the problem is if the roof rack is in place then can't mount to roof and on the other section
it will block the sun into the bus. And that is a definite no no apparently. :lol: :lol:
So the best thing was to have it movable which also works if the back end is unable to face south west...ish.

J & P

Away with the Scrumpy Dubbers over the weekend. Great time had by one and all.
Started to take photo's and phone died. Managed one and was of the ground before all arrived and
the blue moon on the way up.
Back to the grind stone , have a good week.
Nearly weekend again :D YAY
J & P

Saturday nice day and time for some maintenance.

Seems the previous previous owner was a little lazy and I found another bush in the linkage tube.

A little bent to say the least.
Now that I have replaced everything it seems to feel a lot better , have not gone for a drive yet.
Suffered a whack to the head in the process and Pippa got a bit of a fright when she returned to see the blood on my forehead. :oops: :shock: :lol:

Well have a good week everyone.

J & P

Decided to splash the cash and went for one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161783041686?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arrived as per and spent about 45 mins. installing this piece of kit.
Arrived in the post with out any instructions so a quick call to Lite Steers answer phone and before the end of days play got a call. I needed to know which way up it should go in and what grease/oil if to use.
Neil kindly imparted the necessary...............
Well worth the effort and the cash, has now got rid of about 4mm of play due to there being no bush and only the spring. Now no spring and no play at all. Job done. Sorry forgot to take pic's. Worth it.

J & P

Good work. This is something I hadn't thought of. I take it this is a new part that was not on the original steering column? I have a few mm of play in the steering and I had assumed it was down to a worn steering box.

Does it fit just under the steering wheel?

Gullible us went to Cornwall on one of those free weekends and the payment being your time.
Listen to a sales pitch and stay the weekend including breakfast. All went well except for the bloody rain.
Only got one pic forgot to take more. This is the parking lot were we stopped for a brew and a bite to eat.
Saw quite a few busses on the trip down and back up the A30 /M5. We did wave !!!!!!

Back to the grind stone, have a good week .

J & P

Well a trip out for the weekend to Herefordshire to meet a cousin turned out very nice indeed.
The fact that the height difference between camp and river is 360 meters , means you are in for some
excellent walking. That's if you are up for it. Nice place , clean , hot showers and only 26 pitches altogether
means it does not get to busy.(mad) Good weekend and nice trip back via Tintern Abbey.
Off to Plymouth this weekend to do the Uni duty's decided to stay in Plymouth Saturday night and will report back on amenities.

J & P

Nice updates and pictures (when you remember ;) )

Out of interest how much was the ebay solar panel (if you want to divulge) as looks pretty good?

Hey Andy,
By all means , was purchased off Amazon after about 3 months of intense deliberation :lol: :lol:

Photonic Universe Ltd. was the name of the company and price at the time £100.

I chose it above some of the others due to it having the 5m cable included. Hope this helps.

J & P

Cheers bud - £100 quid is not to bad.

Will look into this once I have the van legal ;)

So another weekend and another trip. As I said we had to take my son's STUFF( :lol: ) down to Plymouth to uni on Saterday morning and decided to stay overnight. Booked into Riverside Caravan Park, about 4 miles from city centre. Great access and broke the journey up nicely. Trip both ways with no problems and Boris told to keep
the rain at bay if he wanted his compulsory hot bubble bath when we got home. As per usual he did not disappoint and got his bath. :lol: :lol: :lol:

During and after just before bed. :lol: It's hard work this cleaning malarkey, but then we do love him. :lol:

This is quite a different trailer and looks quite cool. Belongs to a mate of mine and he transports his Harley
in it . He was going to use it to sleep in as well but MRS said no, not enough light or air.
I quite like it and would probably put a few windows and a sky light in though.

Well we are off again this weekend to Woolacombe for the weekend with our friends and their fancy RV thing.
Loving this camping wish we could do it all year round.
I guess that's it for now, enjoy the week .

J & P

Latest posts