Brake upgrades ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rik24

Reaction score
What upgrades do people use to replace the drum setups on early bays? My bay is currentley going through a subaru conversion and im aware the old setup will not be up to the job any suggestions cheers Rik :)

Futbus Brakes on the front and I think they are now doing rears as well. Vented Discs, new calipers, mounts to carry them, new hoses/wheel bearings for £795 and they use all VAG components and it keeps your wide 5 stud pattern. (about £200 cheaper than the CSP offering)

Fitted about 5 kits so far including to our shop bus and I think they work really well,

http://there.dino.com/harold/bus.php

banner2.jpg

and i was going to ask about how the line lock setup worked :)

it appears that if you want a caliper mounted handbrake, then you are very limited to your options, but if you can use a line lock setup you can have quite a large disc setup on the rear.

NaFe

Just out of curiousity....would having a line lock as your handbrake have any detrimental effect on your calipers?
If the caliper is 'under pressure' for long periods of time, as it would be for handbrake useage, would it cause premature seal failure or anything like that?
Also, if you get a flat battery would you end up with locked brakes that you can't release?
Cheers
Al

Line locks are normally only used to apply the brakes to one axle leaving the other one free for such activities as burn outs on the drag strip, sprints, hillclimbs etc not sure what the effect would be to use it as a permanent solution as a handbrake?.

I know some modern cars use hydraulic handbrakes but normally they have an electrical servo in the way which is acceptable for MOT purposes whereas I'm not sure a line lock on its own would be??

Latest posts