Bus security

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nesquik

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Kent that can fit my bus with an alarm/immobiliser. Also is it worth getting a wheel clamp device, I'm waiting for my credit card to cool down (extreme xmas shopping today) and then tomorrow I will order a Uberlock but I am thinking that a clamp stops it being towed. Is this all a bit extreme :?
And would it make any difference to my insurance.
Any advice will be much appreciated :D
Merry Christmas !!
nesquik

+1 for that ^, take your immobilising device (rotor arm!) with you in your pocket and lock the engine lid. Security is all about layers. Add a steering lock or shifter lock as well for a visible deterrent. If you are paranoid pull the connection off the carb cut off as well, if you are running stock.

I guess it depends on the level of risk you perceive.

There is one thing to bear in mind though - if they want to take it, its going regardless of any security devices fitted!
All the above will stop the casual thief in his tracks though!

StuF said:
There is one thing to bear in mind though - if they want to take it, its going regardless of any security devices fitted!
All the above will stop the casual thief in his tracks though!

Too true

I think its worth alarming it! One with a sensor so that if someone comes within a metre of your bus it fires out a warning, then goes off if they don't back off! Very reassuring at night to know that they can't get within a metre of your bus without you knowing!
With a few other deterrents fitted like steering lock, pedal lock, shifter lock. You'll be up, out and on top of them before they get chance to do anything!
Then the fun begins! :)
When it comes to security every second counts! Cus they won't hang about!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Unless they turn up with a recovery wagon to load it on too, they wont wanna spend too much time messing about , u may also fit a quick release unit , cost approx.£12 to your battery neg. terminal (you should have one fitted anyhow!saved my bus wiring loom from total meltdown when things went seriously wrong!)if i"m leaving my bus for quite a while i"ll drop all the fuses, disconnect the coil and i ordered and got one serious piece of metal wheel clamp!>always fit to front o/s wheel! and bear in mind these standard campers can be hot wired sooo easily>also, if buying a tracker do your indetail research ,some are not worth squat, alarms are ,in todays world probably only going to be responded to by yourself, i.e. it goes off outside your home and you are at home.Hope this helps.

Don't forget the axe John :lol: :lol:

DSCN0130.jpg

Fit a tracker:

http://www.skytag-gps.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

turn up for "recovery" with "spectacles frame" type lift mech. vehicle>,lower "spec" frame and back edge off same up against tyres (front of bus), jack front of bus 125mm ish from ground, back specs under tyres and lower into same, either cut h/brake cables or enter cab and release handbrake,lift and drive off ,taking camper with you to a.n.other location whilst omitting to inform owner> easy really,esp.if wearing high viz with authentic looking appropriate co. name on back off.Working efficiently from start to finish> 12-15mins to nick a camper

skytag all the way mate ;)
or carry two orange squares of plastic and fit them either side of the front air intake....
no one will nick it then :lol:

jon

Fitting a hidden kill switchworks well, there is a 12v that runs to the back off the bus for the coil, break that the bus won't fire just chose we're you want to break it loads of different ways toying with blue tooth relay at the mo see if that will work rigourus testing before I actually fitt to my bus, couldn't have it cutting out going down the motor way. That and a an alarm no one wants to be seen nicking so make a noise make it loud. It all helps and a good alarm won't let you touch the bus let alone lift it

Latest posts