Bus Types What a Cock Up !!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kempy

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm admitting this but went to Oswestry yesterday and not the new venue :roll:

Went to Llangollan instead with the kids.

Just remember it been at Oswestry in the past and so jumped in the car without checking, and from all accounts most wish it was there as the new venue was a bit poor reading other sites.

I thought you were posting to say it was Crap, from the title :lol:

anyone got pics?

think you made the right choice Kempy !! we went but were very dissapointed. there was a massive turnout. vans and buses for as far as the eye could see. but not that many traders there. even the "big" companies that turned up only had very small stands, with not much on them. Pity as they would probrably have done good bussiness with the amount of people that turned up. every one seemed to enjoy the evening entertainment though.
even though we are local, will prob give it a miss next year.

Looking at the show calender at the mo, there is (was) Bus Types, Big Bang(Camper & Bus Show, Stanford Hall, Dubs at the Park or Vanwest, then onto RTTS weekend ..... all pretty much on the back of each other. I guess traders, like punters, have to make a call on where they will and wont go in a congested calender.

It is disappointing though, when the people go but traders are scant, but its no-ones fault. :(

:? We went to Uttoxeter on Saturday. Did not know what to expect, but hoped for a big vans for sale section. Well there were some, most were more modern. There was one quite nice little green one, but we weren't quite tempted enough.
There seemed to be no central action of any sort. Apparently the two outdoor events, football and tug-o-war had been cancelled because it was cold!!!! I had, in my innocence, thought that the tug would be between vws not people :oops: Well, there you go..........We did not camp as we don't yet have a vw.........still hoping to find my old Danbury..........see Wanted section.
There were lots of lovely vans to look at and drool over though :shock: Thats not supposed to be the 'shock Smilie' its supposed to look wide eyed admiration and envy.
May try to persuade OH to go to another show, but they all seem to be quite a drive from Mid-Wales.
EB

Stanford Hall is a good chilled one day event and there should be plenty of the guys there...its one of my personal faves as its just so laid back nice setting.....

Just ckecking on your wanted you say it was a 70 earlybay but the reg plate would put it as first registered in 72 is it a crossover, low front lights large rear ???

I was going to camp and glad i didnt. Bit of a shame that the main rd going to the racecourse was closed wich sent my sat nav barmy! Luckily i used the force and found a way around.
Overall it was a bit too damp, muddy and cold to have a 'great' time. For my liking, there were too many stands selling stuff like flowers, toys etc... i much prefer those traders that pile old parts on a tarp and you gotta sift your way through it.

Looking forward to stanford hall now, Its always a great show.

Have not missed bus types from the start even checked myself out of hospital last year so not to miss it but i know the weather was bad but some thing was missing perhaps it was the new venue so don't think i will be going next year :cry:

Daz

Latest posts