"BUSTER BO JANGLES", '67 CREW CAB

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bob,

That's coming on well indeed - now tell me more about your interiors, you setting up shop?

Not been able to get to any club meets cos of work load and poorly partner, will have to catch up sometime.

Cheers,

Alistair

aogrady said:
Hi Bob,

That's coming on well indeed - now tell me more about your interiors, you setting up shop?

Not been able to get to any club meets cos of work load and poorly partner, will have to catch up sometime.

Cheers,

Alistair
Hi Alistair,
After restoring the interior of our old '63 Mostard Yvonne caravan & then scratch building the interior in Mr Bo, which
went on to winning SSVC "Best Interior" 2010 , I decided that as well as VW resto's I would also start building interiors
professionally, have you got something that needs doing mate ?
caravan085.jpg

078.jpg

034.jpg

DSCF8801.jpg

Hi,

I wasn't aware you did the interior on the Mostard and the splitty?! Very good indeed!

Was just inquiring, my interior is a little tired in places, just the back end of the wardrobe has a broken , the rest of the interio is fine, i have started to take apart the sink unit to fit a hob etc, been waiting for one of my customers who is a bespoke kitchen manufactures to finish my worktop for the sink to put the hob on, been waiting a long while, as they are machining it inbetween jobs.

TBH couldn't afford a bespoke job, as i guess this work is always expensive, though if you need a original Westy interior to make up some templates to build a reproduction kit, well i haven't put mine back in yet, i am just trying to finish off the flooring etc, maybe a deal could be done, depends on costs etc, perhaps pm me if i can help in anyway? :msn4: ;)

Cheers!

Alistair

:shock: Had a massive day yesterday not only on Buster , but on two Splits as well, we started early & by 9am a local blaster arrived to clean up the buses, we carefully got the first Splitty outside & mounted it onto a new rotissory, having not used it before we held our breaths as it took the weight and turned, but we needn't have worried, it did the job brilliantly. Next was Busters turn, he was still on his wheels, so we rolled him outside & the blaster attacked him from above first, the fact that I haven't put either the cargo floor or the main floor in , was always the plan to enable him to get to everywhere properly. :shock: After that was done we raised him on a telehandler which scared me a little but again no dramas and definately the best way to get good access from the underside. :shock: Lastly was the turn of the Samba, which is free of sides, floor, beams etc so looked a little fragile, but was fine & all buses were really well sorted. Once we had got them all back inside , i set about covering all the bare metal with etch primer until the paint ran out , so will return this morning to finish the job. The blasting on Buster revealed a couple of areas that needed work that I hadn't seen, so a job well done as better to find now , than later. 8)
crewcabblasting031.jpg

crewcabblasting040.jpg

crewcabblasting045.jpg

crewcabblasting046.jpg

crewcabblasting043.jpg

crewcabblasting052.jpg

crewcabblasting053.jpg

crewcabblasting051.jpg

crewcabblasting047.jpg

crewcabblasting048.jpg

crewcabblasting065.jpg

Nice & clean
crewcabblasting060.jpg

crewcabblasting061.jpg

A little bit of extra work here & under the windscreen :roll:
crewcabblasting063.jpg

crewcabblasting064.jpg

So overall really pleased & astounded at the amount of work we got through.

Great stuff dude! What media was he using? Soda? Looks clean but un-scared. :)

That sambas sorta like what ours will look like when we get started :lol:

The media was some sort of recycled glass, just got back in from spraying so will pop some more pics up later ;) have you done any more to yours ???

Finished designing my wiring loom and got my final order in to autocraft so i should be flying in a few weeks. :lol:

Just need some free time really :)

young_dubya said:
Finished designing my wiring loom and got my final order in to autocraft so i should be flying in a few weeks. :lol:

Nice! I have just started designing an upgraded loom for mine, when you start the build I will have a few questions for you ;)

First one though! :lol: Have you changed any of the switches on the dash for toggle switches? :?:

Looks like a fun job doing media blasting :)

It's amazing what shows up after stripping the van properly.

cunning plan said:
young_dubya said:

Nice! I have just started designing an upgraded loom for mine, wh

en you start the build I will have a few questions for you ;)

First one though! :lol: Have you changed any of the switches on the dash for toggle switches? :?:

Not as yet lol. The plan is an upgraded standard loom with 2 extra fuses boxes. The idea is that all fuse boxes are live when the ignitions on and off when its not. Then either spare fuse box can be switched on with the leisure battery with toggle switchs on a seprate bank rather than drilled into the dash :) that 's the plan anyway :lol:

Hi mate. Lovely job you have done so far on your crew cab. I also have a doublecab bay and need to replace the outer sills and wondered if can tell me where you got yours from and if the long sill section is from a split ? Cheers

Hello mate,
I used a long sill from a Split, then cut it up & fabricated the sections to replicate the crewcab panels. I was lucky enough to find two NOS sills for under the rear door, which is also the same panel on the opposite side . How about some pictures of yours ??

Hi. thats cool. I didn't realise how difficult sourcing new panels was until i brought it !

Here's a pic of mine :

Try Autocraft to see if they can help, otherwise that panel isn't to difficult to fabricate yourself.

I've recently taken over the complete unit I've been sharing for the last couple of years, as I needed more room for my business, http://www.facebook.com/resto.haus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & I moved Buster & a customers LEB, so I can move forward with them both.

It was pretty tight in there, whilst I was getting the Ghia ready for sale, but its now gone to a happy new only now,

Latest posts