camping stove?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
Im possibly on the look out for a new camping stove, i curently have a two burner hob with a small gass bottle that has served me well, but i will be using the gas bottle for my Propex heater, so i have been looking at the smaller cookers the ones with the gas bottle in the side.

like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PORTABLE-GAS-CAMPING-STOVE-GARDENKRAFT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a15Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c293Q3a2Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4147b84575QQitemZ280376132981QQptZUKQ5fSportingGoodsQ5fCampingQ5fCookingSuppliesQ5fETQQsalenotsupported" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has any one used one? and what do you think about them? are they any good?

Thanks

Mark

I was thinking that, I filled my gas bottle about 5 years ago for £12 and its still half full.

I was thinking of having a T piece, and a long length of pipe, that I could run from in the van to the cooker, the only problem with that is that it would limit where i could cook,not that i guess thats a problem!

decisions desicions!

I have one of these for easy tea making - my main stove is a colemans dual burner petrol job and this is imo the best stove you can get ;) , but it can be a faff just to boil a kettle (think pumping pressure, filling with petrol, loss of eyebrows on lighting!) - as posted above they can be expensive on gas but are convienient - they take an age to boil a kettle though compared to a petrol stove, you pay for that in the gas canisters and amount it takes to bring water to a boil - so handy to have for tea/coffee but I don't use it as a main cooking stove

Should add though that the gas canisters also fit into a nice portable gas heater which is handy :)

Latest posts