carbs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what kind of dizzy setup have you got easy? did you change/swap anything else while putting the carbs on?

I have a bosch vacuum advance dizzy, works better than a 009 in my opinion for this type of set up. No flat spots and as its a standard engine it all helps.

I did have a new dizzy cap on, but changed it back to the original one at the rolling road and it made a bit of difference aswell.
8)

http://www.cbperformance.com/customerrides/CRtype2.asp#1

i like the turbo'd westy, an early bay (at the bottom)...

Thanks to all who have replied to my original thread , it seems that twin 34`s are the way to go .I`ve been told that I have to drill+tap one of the inlet manifolds for the servo hookup , how about the vac for the dissy , do the carbs have a outlet for this and if so , is there any problems with unbalancing the carbs if I did both to one side . :? :)

chrisby said:
Thanks to all who have replied to my original thread , it seems that twin 34`s are the way to go .I`ve been told that I have to drill+tap one of the inlet manifolds for the servo hookup , how about the vac for the dissy , do the carbs have a outlet for this and if so , is there any problems with unbalancing the carbs if I did both to one side . :? :)

My baby Dells have vac ports on both manifolds for a balance pipe and both carbs for the dissy. Speak to Eurocarb their manifolds should come pre tapped. For the dissy hook up you are best just using the left hand carb.

Latest posts