Ched's 72

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ched

Reaction score
Iv just finished a year n a half of hell doing up my first house/garden and Iv been dieing to get my hands on a project Low light. My mates have all got split screens and early bays and thought it was about time I joined in!
I recieved a random phone call off one of them telling me of a 72 just 5 mins down the road from my house so I knew I had to have it........So £100 deposit and £800 when the blokes back off holiday this will be pissing off the Neighbours :D

01012006421.jpg

01012006422.jpg

01012006423.jpg

Only trouble is I have to sell my last project to fund it :(

busterpolo1.jpg

Thanks Ant
All I will say is it's a good job I can weld!

Oh and your van's been my desktop pic for the last few weeks! Wicked Van

Welcome to the Early Bay (and crossover I see) brigade! :D

By the way I love your Polo. I remember as a school kid, a parent who used to share the school run with my parents had the identical colour and year to yours. It was brand new, and I much prefered travelling in that car, to the guy's other car, which was a Jag XJ6! It was also the first car I travelled in whose wipers had the 'luxury' of intermittent wipe! Silly the things one remembers! :lol:

You had taste at a young age Doug!
I love that Polo but cant keep both :cry:

Dude, you need a new desk top picture, forget Ants, go for something like this:
DSC01434.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome Ched that Polo is dope buddy , the van looks like - a challenge ;)

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA nice one windsurfer :D

The vans already testing my strength and iv not even got it home yet - Turns out it is actually a van and not a camper!

Never view a camper with a hangover..................

Ched said:
You had taste at a young age Doug!
I love that Polo but cant keep both :cry:

:mrgreen: Thanks Ched! Yes, I know what you mean about not being able to keep both. I've said goodbye to several lovely cars in the past, which I'd have loved to have kept in a growing collection. Oh for the technology to shrink our cars down to Dinky Toy size, so we can keep them indoors and display them on the mantlepiece when we're not using them! :D

Ched said:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA nice one windsurfer :D

The vans already testing my strength and iv not even got it home yet - Turns out it is actually a van and not a camper!

Never view a camper with a hangover..................
Why not convert it back to a van. Panel the side window in, put a camper interior in it and get it sign written. Not many panel vans left. :mrgreen:

uber cool said:
Why not convert it back to a van. Panel the side window in, put a camper interior in it and get it sign written. Not many panel vans left. :mrgreen:

agreed and graft in a glass roof, there's loads of modern cars with glass roofs now, so you'll still have light but the privacy of a panel.....

Yeah I had to sell this to put deposit on my house :cry:

MiniSide.jpg

Im toying with the panel van idea, would certainly be the easiest way but the little voice in my head wants a camper for next summer...and how hard can it be to weld in window frames!?

No way! :D

Iv still got stacks of mini bits, I will build a Mk1 one Day!
You may not be so impressed that my daily is a new mini tho!

Looks really nice, Have you done the work on it yourself?

No, I'm afraid I can't claim to have done the work on it myself. I bought it as it is, 8 years ago. It's the third woody I've owned.

I don't mind the new Minis. At least they have a sort of retro look to them, and infact I rather like the new Clubman estate versions. It just looks so odd, size wise, when you see the new ones next to the old! :D

Latest posts