cleaning off ingrained roof grime

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baron

Reaction score
I finally got the extension on the house to put the van in :mrgreen:

garage.jpg

so I gave it a good clean as it's been hiding under a tree for a good year and the roof was flithy

but there's some ingrained stuff I just cant remove, short of running it off with my fingernail

any tips on cleaning products or anything to help out?

For really tuff stuff try turtle wax bug off spray, it works on tar aswell and gets rid of that sort of thing a treat :mrgreen:

Or a clay bar there awesome an don't cost to much they make your paint feel amazing you wouldn't believe the difference

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m37b78s3519p817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps

Rob

Zymol Cleaner Wax, £12.49 for 500ml, I bought a bottle 2 years ago and am probably going to finish it on my pre season spruce up.

It's excellent stuff and smells lovely makes you WANT to be out cleaning it.

I got stains on my roof where the rusty roof of my lock up was leaving deposits behind, this Zymol and some elbow grease did the job brilliantly!

I bought mine from halfords

it's a clear bottle and greenish tint product.

zymol-cleaner-wax_4_1.jpg

cheers everyone, will bob over to halfords duly informed, though fearing for my wallet!

jacks906 said:
i used a nail brush and fairy liquid on a roof to get it spotless small circular motions an a few hours soon sorted it :)

you must have long arms jacks906 ;) I cant even reach mid way across my tintop

you must have long arms jacks906 ;) I cant even reach mid way across my tintop[/quote]

nooooo i've just lowered the bus alot more so i can reach the roof better :mrgreen:

Latest posts