COBB BBQ's, Are they any good????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got one and used it while st a festival, cooked pizzas and garlic bread to test it out. Came out perfect and a nice change from sausages and burgers

89110595982286bdfa919f07a7f3cb89.jpg

She's gonna Cobbing kill me when she see's this lot [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been lurking on this thread and drooling at the food pics so now my new cobb is winging its way to me and should land tomorrow. Just in time for some practice before I head to Ludlow next week.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

b1521642f4e2c864df3bc5945862c7f4.jpg

Christened ours yesterday, bloody bloody brilliant, so glad I took everyone's advice on board [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made venison stew on ours last night. Hoping for blackberry crumble later if we can pick some. Did huevos rancheros at the weekend for 6 with griddled ciabatta. Very pleased so far. Maybe we need a cobb recipe thread! [emoji502]
a8e4b7f96a62ab69d2dcbd313019f164.jpg
e377b29cea614aa2dcc0220d27104cda.jpg

lisavx said:
Made venison stew on ours last night. Hoping for blackberry crumble later if we can pick some. Did huevos rancheros at the weekend for 6 with griddled ciabatta. Very pleased so far. Maybe we need a cobb recipe thread! [emoji502]
a8e4b7f96a62ab69d2dcbd313019f164.jpg
e377b29cea614aa2dcc0220d27104cda.jpg

Stew looks yum, Yes a Cobb recipe thread would be a good idea! 8)

Gonna have to stop reading threads. All of your enthusiasms are infectious. Guess what I just bought off JK? And our bus isn't even finished yet! I'll have to set the Cobb up in the garden and practice. I'm vegetarian so need to look for a Cobb veggie option recipe book. Looking forward to this. Thanks all.

They are good, but one drawback is fat from food you're cooking, rather than falling on the charcoal and burning off, is collected in the
channel around the edge. Great for adding flavour to your veg, but very bad for cleaning afterwards.

We got some very strange looks from other campers when washing what they would have thought was a filthy BBQ in the washing up area...

The best bit for us is being able to roast food, bbq char-flavour is great, but after a few days nice for a change.

Our other observation is to cook a whole chicken - takes 3-4 hours !!!

Also very convenient being able to safely move it when lit - outer case doesn't even get warm

Latest posts