Cooling the bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHewsonFamily

Reaction score
I am working on keeping the engine bay as cool as possible for running my bus in the summer heat (if it arrives). I have a 1641cc engine with twin 36 dells with j-tubes. The fan shroud doesn't have the holes for the pipes to feed cool air below the valance so there are 2 large holes in the tinware above the exhaust that are letting hot air into the engine bay. I have been looking for large rubber grommets to block up these holes but can't find any. What have other people used to block these up?

I will try and get some photos later today to make it clearer what I mean.

If it's what I think it is i seem to remember people using jam jar lids with screws through them.

If it is what I think you mean, surly the best option is to source a peice of tin wear without those holes, I think you can buy them new either with or without but I'm not sure on the quality. That will give you the best peace of mind instead of worrying about if the holes are plugged properly.

All good ideas. I think I may have found rubber stoppers to fit, just need to measure the holes. That would be the least expensive option (other than jar lids or tops of baked bean tins)

Latest posts