Cruise To The Prom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back,, Sparky Wiggy should be along any minute to post soime piccys.
Fantastic day,, great weather,, some iffy fish and chips,, but good fun. One of the organisers (I think) had a chat to us at the end and I think he said there were over 800 dubs there :shock: Plus more were offset onto the beach,, this event needs more space :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Great day,, great company,, it`s all good,, :mrgreen:

Just a few pics.
Waiting in the line-up...

003.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

023.jpg

And what did I do to upset you today ??????????????? Photos on the prom,,, 1st one , the back of my bus ? 2nd one the back of me ???? If you think I`m too ugly for your camera to handle,,,,,,,,,,,,just say so !!!!! :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, He does have a point I spose ! :lol: 8) :lol:

Nice pics Si, cracking day for it too, I just had to much to do in the house :?

Looks like a great turn out again 8)

Just

8)

Great trip down and superb weather

tumblr_ljtccbOUdf1qf2thio1_500.jpg

tumblr_ljtcawJNWy1qf2thio1_500.jpg

tumblr_ljtc96PTMa1qf2thio1_500.jpg

tumblr_ljtc7oPWyF1qf2thio1_500.jpg

More here http://clemsblog.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well done mr scoops, and thank you! :mrgreen:

Funny thing was,,,, when it was hot, I had no oil on the stick ???? I chuck in 1/2 to a pint of oil and go pretty steady and when I check the oil at your mates house, I`m over the maximum by a tad,, ????? HHHMMMPPPP :? :? :?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,it`s a bit weird this oily malarkey,, :lol: :roll: :lol:

Great day, nice works scoops, bit of a pain that all of my club ended up on the sand but hey that was cool and no probs as we didnt book a pitch 8)

I do however have a huge moan again about the amount of T4s and 5s!!! seriously overweighting the aircooled on the grass and forcing loads of them onto the sand. Seriously tho, loads of them and peugots?! wtf

easy said:
Great day, nice works scoops

I do however have a huge moan again about the amount of T4s and 5s!!! seriously overweighting the aircooled on the grass and forcing loads of them onto the sand. Seriously tho, loads of them and peugots?! wtf

Would have to agree with you there all you could see from the road when we were coming in was T4 & T5's I reckon people must have thought that it was B&Q's car park with all them builders van.
Also annoys me when the same van gets an award 2 yrs in a row what I know off, yea it was a cracking van, not that im jealous :lol: but equally there were some even better vans and cars out there.

rustydiver said:
Also annoys me when the same van gets an award 2 yrs in a row what I know off, yea it was a cracking van, not that im jealous :lol: but equally there were some even better vans and cars out there.

To be fair the judges are picked at random. I was asked when I arrived and me and my daughter chose 10 we liked best , simple as that. :) And I'd never been before.

We have impeccable taste and selected nothing water-cooled. ;)

I must admit that i have the highest respect for Scoops and the level of stress he must have for putting on such a show is incredible. Hats off and respect to you fella! 8)

The T4s n 5s have now spoilt it for me and I wont be going next year if the format is the same, this was the same for at least 30 people i spoke to with aircooled dubs, i didnt bring it up, by the way, they did ;) Its the way the current "scene" is going and the sooner aircooled only shows start up the better imo. I know it was for charity and i always make over my donation so that part of it can be taken out of the equation.

It just comes to something when the vans on the beach with me, such as 3 barn door splits, a original paint 63 split fire truck, countless awsome earlybays ;) , 4 of them i know to have one shows, karman ghias and trekers dont get a look in, when brand new un moded T5s get more of a presence?

Only had my bus since last august so have not been to many shows so was a bit disappointed when i was on the beach and felt a bit displaced from the main show so i agee with some of the comments about the t4 being on the lawns but still a great day
thanks shaun ;)

I had a moan about T4/5 alley to scoops, but as he said it's a charity event and every fiver helps....
We were about 10 vehicles back from the start of the cruise and still nearly didn't get onto the lawns. The reason why most of the cruise had to park on the beach was that over 200 vehicles turned up and parked at the lawns at 8am.

If they know X amount of vehicles are going to do the cruise they should save X amount of spaces for the ones that get inti the spirit of things and participate in the cruise.

There's no fun in just parking on the lawns from 8 am.

They must know by tradition roughly how many do the cruise.

Still was a good day though and it is far too easy for us to moan about it and not realise how much work goes into organising it.

And there was still too many builders vans there for me :lol:

I didn`t see too many builders vans,,, ;) Just looked the other way,, :lol: That and being too busy eating fish and chips and trying not to fall off my bike,, Luckily we was up the front of the cruise and still was within 50 yards of not getting on the grass. What a day though,, shame it was so warm,, NOT.!.! Bit pis*ed off that my bike gets more attention than the bus,,, says a lot about my V Dub skills :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,Thoroughly Enjoyed It,,,,,,, 8) ;) 8)

i was there and i enjoyed it.... 'sans bus' tho....

208739_1934850923268_1002162141_2330945_2046796_n.jpg

there was a fair few water pumpers there tho to be fair....
i like it as a day trip and expect to see a wide variety of different vehicles....

just one of those things i spose!!!! it costs a fiver and some fuel.... when the more expensive weekend shows become waterpumper heavy.... then i will probably take a different stand point