days out and about in Cornwall

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLIVE-BAY

Reaction score
Cornwall as far u can g without getting your feet
thought I'd post up a few day trips as its the silly session again, I know a few of you come down ere for your hols so maybe of use to you ;)

the bus and the summer run around

spring20121577.jpg

the bus parked up, a welcome sight after a stomp around time for a sit down and a cuppa 8)

MOTdayforthevan046.jpg

today we went to portleven near helston, a place called Loe Bar great free parking the middle of town, two great pubs with good food. out on the beach its off the tourist track, its easy to get to flat under foot suitable for cycling or gentle walking.

outandaboutdays024.jpg

whats nice is that on one side of the sand back its sandy beach on the other side fresh water land locked lake; great for dogs and swimming although it does get deep fast our dogs love it, we like playing in the sea and rinsing in the lake 8)

outandaboutdays023.jpg

outandaboutdays022.jpg

outandaboutdays018.jpg

outandaboutdays016.jpg

outandaboutdays009.jpg

outandaboutdays006.jpg

might wanna be careful if the weather is a bit rough :shock: :shock:

outandaboutdays005.jpg

another game of spot the bay!! :lol:

outandaboutdays004.jpg

outandaboutdays003.jpg

parked under this :lol: 8)

outandaboutdays002.jpg

I'll add more as we go out and about most days 8)

welcome welcome, nice bus 8)

nice westy mate - welcome to Early Bay - great forum.

Very nice westy! , as it is the same year and colour as my own :D

Please show some interior pictures, would be nice to se how your 'sink' is looking, they do change sometimes through 68'

Personally i would check out what was behind the front bumper, looks strange..and better sort it out if it needs to?

Welcome

Ronnie

kleinbusRonnie said:
Very nice westy! , as it is the same year and colour as my own :D

Please show some interior pictures, would be nice to se how your 'sink' is looking, they do change sometimes through 68'

Personally i would check out what was behind the front bumper, looks strange..and better sort it out if it needs to?

Welcome

Ronnie

It's wax oil over spray behind the bumper I got a bit carried away with it, when they started to grit/salt the roads down ere. And I do live very near the beach so tend to wax oil every 6 months. I welded my 73 bay up in all the usual places, so knew where to look on this one. I don't have a sink in it anymore it was behind the passenger seat. I now have a oven there as don't really use a sink. Have a water dispenser instead.
What colour is it I've been told it's pearl White? Somebody else said lotus White?

r73 said:
OLIVE-BAY said:
r73 said:
nice westy mate - welcome to Early Bay - great forum.

thank the bus in your sig looks just like mine :lol:
A bit like this :lol:
DSC02887.jpg

I've been looking around the net and seems like every other 68-69 westy is our colour :lol: must be the best then :beerchug:

OLIVE-BAY said:
lovely weather today, jubilee pool on Penzance prominard looking great and very inviting indeed 8) its just across the road from our house and i havent been swimming in there since I was a kid :roll:

images.jpg

looks great! this thread has got me thinking about a few places we'd like to visit when we're down in August :D

I think I spot the bay in the spot the bus photo it's on the right side on the middle

:)

Rob

Latest posts