Dirty Harry's westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi DH,

Awesome work as usual, the cooler looks perfect, and is it another of your NOS rarities? Your cooker looks the same as the one the lady uses in the original brochure, intentional? 8)

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
Hi DH,

Awesome work as usual, the cooler looks perfect, and is it another of your NOS rarities? Your cooker looks the same as the one the lady uses in the original brochure, intentional? 8)

Cheers!

Alistair

Thanks Guys :D

Hi Alistair,

The cooler is almost NOS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , and you got me there, the cooker is the same as in the brochure :oops: but to be honnest i have a bit of a coleman fetish (cooler, stove, foldable oven, gaslight and some other small camping stuff).
How is your shock project going?

Cheers, Harry

Hi DH,

The shocks are on the sidelines for the moment whilst I finish of the interior, new floor and cooker, propex etc.
Will be sorting the air shocks after this. Will do a bit more work this weekend, and get some pictures up. Got some Momo tan leather seats too, but need to modify runners, so this will wait till it goes in for bodywork,
The Coleman stuff looks.good, fits in well.
Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Alistair

Today i fitted my vintage speed exhaust that a mate bought for me at volksworld (bargain) as my old system won't fit with my towbar.
vintagespeed.jpg

Please stop posting pics of your bus , its too nice :D

Think i'm going to have to get me self one of those exhausts, it looks awesome

Due to shitty weather we have i decided to do a job that i kept for these kind of days.
Left rear window and quater window out, the quater window seal was knackered, this one wil be replace by a complete NOS ;) deluxe set(frame,rubber and glass) that i found a year ago.
The big window was realy hard to remove and it popped out whitout a warning and i was lucky that i had 2 glass suckers outside the window that my mate could grap or else it would have been on the floor :shock:
DSC00872.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

I need tO do the same!!, can I just remove the qtr on its own?
How hard was it to remove?. Any technique u wish to share?? :lol:
Keepin a close eye on this bit!!

R u goin to busfest?
Or any UK events this year?
I could bring it with me and you could pop it in for me ;) :lol:

Quater window is pretty easy to remove if you bend the 2 lips up on the inside behind the rubber facing towards the front of the bus and then push it out.
The thing is the quater window can only be installed before the 3/4 window is out.
No UK shows for me this year...mmm...maybe vanfest but not sure about that!

Hi DH!

Wow! How clean is that behind the trim where the window seal is?! You surely must be the King of NOS, you must spend a fortune on it all!

Good work as always DH, as you were.....

Cheers

Alistair

Hi Harry,
just a quick tip for you get some Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl cleaner , Spray that onto the window seats and it helps the rubber to slip in. Plus it won’t degrade the rubber seals.

Have fun!

Regards

Pete

Latest posts