Dirty Harry's westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toffo24 said:
Hi Harry,
just a quick tip for you get some Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl cleaner , Spray that onto the window seats and it helps the rubber to slip in. Plus it won’t degrade the rubber seals.

Have fun!

Regards

Pete

Windows back in and a bit more deluxe :D
Not realy a fun job Pete, i used some sort of mediacal rubber friendly waterbased jelly for lubrication ;)

Cheers Harry
DSC00875.jpg

myvanway 69 said:
Spot on...again!! 8)

Do you think I will be able to replace the Qtr window without disturbing the 3/4 part?? :?

Thanks!

I don't think you wil get the vent window in with the 3/4 window in place, because there is a little cutout in the upper section of the bodyframe that is hidden by the big window and crucial for fitting the vent window.
116087.jpg

116089.jpg

Hi Harry, agreed , it is a bitch if a job to do , hope you hands are not to sore after stringing in the 3/4 window. Good job fella. Love you're bus.

aogrady said:
Hi!

Nice one DH! Are your MOT tests tougher than here in the uk if they are every 2 years?

Cheers!

Alistair

30 years and older is ones in the two years :D
If they are tougher i don't no, but everything has to work, no rot in the chassis etc.

Van is looking good as ever DH, See ya Sunday (je ging toch ook naar Scheveningen ?), greetings Mycha

This weekend a splitmate and us went to Giethoorn for some camping,boating,canoeing, fishing and relaxing.
We had wunderfull weather with a nice 30 degrees celcius.
Here are some pics i took.
DSC00908.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00962-1.jpg

Today i replaced my drop arm pin and bushings, i had a brand new set from Febi in it but the play was still there, infact the old original was better then the febi kit :?
So i sourced a original NOS kit and there is no play in the arm anymore :D :D
The original pin sits a lot thighter in their bushings where the febi pin just fals out.
DSC01019.jpg

Latest posts