Does your partner understand??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, totally 'gets it' we plan our year around VW shows and she told me she'd kill me if I ever sold our bus!!!

Davydomes said:
can't take the chance on a partner. I've had my bus for nearly 3 years and have been single for 5 years now so my bus is mine I get to do what I want and go where I want whenever I like, if I could find a partner with the same outlook that would be great, if not no problem and no ear bashing or moaning

Similar for me.....would take the chance but have to be certain ground rules. To be honest - life seems a lot easier in many ways and more difficult in others. It's the old addage - You can't live with em and you can't live without em :roll:

lol

I can't live with em and I can't live with... em

after 2 divorces owning a bus is a relatively cheap hobby :D

Mine loves our bus and shows, we plan our year out round our bus,shows and camping.
She was even happy us spending 4k on slamming/narrowing it.

gumbo said:
niklee1 said:
Yep, totally 'gets it' we plan our year around VW shows and she told me she'd kill me if I ever sold our bus!!!

PX plus cash your way?

Depends on how much? but she does smoke though...

smokinggirl_zps19f14be2.jpg

My husband used to own a VW repair and used parts place. That is how I met him. He had tons of used parts. Him and his buddy had a falling out and he closed up his business and went to work for a place he used to work for. We kind of got out of the VW scene for a while but are back in it again. I have my 70 Westy and a 66 Bug and a 72 Square back. We also have a 64 Bus and hubby has his 69 Euro Panel that he is restoring. I'm into it more then him but he does go to the events when he can.

At first yes but after 2 years off the road and the bills being several times what we expected it's a lot more doubtful.

mine gets it deffo loves the bus the travelling and the attention from non dubbers who just look jealous, she's not good on the fact that it's been off the road in ER (extensive reconstruction) since Oct '12 and not likely back on till may '15 :(

she will even spot a corner of a grill or door handle in an ad on the telly, and correctly ID it as a bus or a bug, i think she has it bad... :lol:

I'm lucky as Jen completely gets it and played a major part in helping to get our bus on the road including scrapping underseal off the bottom of it when it was on its side and had a lot of influence on the interior but then its her money as well.

Shes now got a 65 RHD KG and is well happy with going away to shows etc as we have made some great friends from all over the country in the last few years.

She only comments when I talk about upgrades, if it aint broke etc etc, and I have to say she's quite often right as its never quite as simple or cheap as you first thought and usually leads to more changes and expense (KnL springs to mind :lol: :lol: )

We have been married for a long time and have always had classic cars often as our daily drives so she's well used to it by now and if you think buses are expensive try building a caterham sprint/hillclimb car and then deciding it needed a bike engine conversion :lol: :lol:

MINE SO GETS IT, finished nights this morning at 7, woke up at 10 ! come on you can sleep in the van, we're off to London 200 miles! booked into Abbeywood 4 nights. its sunny lets go. so ive just showered, she's loaded the van filled with petrol and off :shock:

that's the age gap!! im 50 she's 35 full of beans

Ive had my Bus 8 years now,it has proven to be more reliable[yes really],less expensive ,more faithfull than the last 4 girlfriends....and it doesn't Moan or nag :lol:
So my experience is "NO"they don't understand.

Olskoolchris said:
Mine loves our bus and shows, we plan our year out round our bus,shows and camping.
She was even happy us spending 4k on slamming/narrowing it.

You sure your not dating my missus on the snide chris? :lol:
My sentiments exactly!

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Mines a bit of a nightmare, alright being driven around in it but would'nt drive it herself, no power steering she says, made the curtains but thats about it, moans that ive been working all day on it and if i go out in it for an hour or so wonders why!!, questions why parts cost so much and why i need it, good job i do my tax return early so theres enough money in the bank for the stamford hall show!!

Latest posts