DRONES

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas1man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Have asked for a drone for my birthday hopefully.😂😂
Anybody out there that can recommend a fairly decent unit please.
Not looking to spend more than 200, really want to use a follow me function when driving the bus.

Don't want to get from China if posssible.

Any info appreciated.

J & P
😀😀😀

Last edited:
Hiya you guys,
I had one for Chrimbo a few years back and it had none of those features. Ithought I’ll gradually get the hang of it in the kitchen diner before I take it outside. Got it to lift but struggled with a hover and decent landings were really not happening. Tried to assault Mrs Ozziedog several times and was then banished to the back garden but it was tooooo windy. Gave up on it until Boxing Day and then the nephews convinced me it would be easier outside. We got the thing back after about a month or so as we had no idea where it had gone and the neighbors were looking for little kids that had lost their toy:rolleyes:
It had decided to fly under a bush in a garden about five or six doors up and lifted up into the lower branches and stayed there for ages. Took it into a field behind us but the results were pretty useless between several of us pilots . Hopefully the more modern ones will have more user friendly controls. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, don’t fly it close to your Mrs 🎮:)

Thanks Ozzie, I am hoping it will be a little more intelligent:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: or I am stuffed.
I have not got it yet and have been warned it will not be used inside:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Thanks and hope you guys have a great year.

J & P
:D:D:D

Have asked for a drone for my birthday hopefully.😂😂
Anybody out there that can recommend a fairly decent unit please.
Not looking to spend more than 200, really want to use a follow me function when driving the bus.

Don't want to get from China if posssible.

Any info appreciated.

J & P
😀😀😀
I don't have a drone, but do recall watching an episode of the Gadget Show (which was in no way related to our great Earlybay brother @Gadget Boy ) where they tested a few drones with the follow-me capability. As you'll see, all of them got caught in trees etc as their object-avoidance functionality wasn't up to scratch.

Gadget show

I'd be hopeful that the AI has moved on from 6years ago - maybe check out these?

Top 10 drones with follow me

Latest posts