DVLA INSPECTION

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rippers

Reaction score
Trying to register my US import van and got a letter from the DVLA wanting to inspect the van.

Has anyone else experienced one of these? what are they looking for? proof of age and vin identification?

How long do they take? anything to be nervous about? :lol:

Thanks!

Dont worry, just a vin number check, essentially. Should take no longer that quarter of an hour, tops.

As above fairly painless. I had to go through the same inspection. They check that your vin plate all match and have not been tampered with. Also if your wanting it registered as a camper it needs to match certain criteria. From memory, it needs to have a bed, a wardrobe, a sink, a cooler and twin hobs. I did not have these, but it was suggested by the inspector that I get a couple of single Hobs from b&q round the corner. When I got them he agreed it was a camper. :lol: :lol:

So all was well. Good luck with it :D

The other thing is it specifies that you can't drive it there.

Si beat me to it, read the small print as you are NOT allowed to drive it there as its never been registered in the uk despite it having an MOT, I've heard of cases where they have refused to inspect it when people have driven the vehicle there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just check the chassis number and that the vehicle is what you said it is.

I was told they pick one out at random - one every twenty or something.

I drove mine there but it was on trades plates at the time...

Latest posts