Engine Fire, Thousand & one questions !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree it looks sweet, fix it and go.
Next time I build a camp fire I may build it a little closer to the truck, maybe try to encourage some patina! :lol:

I had a similar fire in my bus 23 miles after I fitted a new engine .....

CyByL28.jpg

It took me 3 days to get her back on the road, engine was ok just had to replace wiring, plastic bits and 2 windows. Looks like you may have had a lucky escape too (sort of) I would take the 9k buy it back, get it back on the road and go from there :)

Sorry for your experience though, I know how terrifying it is, I still have an anxiety attack if I smell fuel Good Luck with it :)

That doesnt look too bad theres been far worse on here in the past that have been saved for far far less....I stand by my original statement, replace the burnt out loom and plastic ware and sort out all the smoke damage, wash it and wax the hell out of it and remember the day it went up, it'll look pretty cool and as stated above its part of its history now you'll be surprised at what a bit of ankor wax will do to that rear end

Gert Big T said:
Engine was OK, back on the road in three days, who's your insurer ? :D But seriously, fair play !

That was in '96 so can't remember the insurer now lol I hand painted her badly after that and then she was off the road (well in a field( with the windows out for 13 years, this is her now ......

Gert Big T said:
Engine was OK, back on the road in three days, who's your insurer ? :D But seriously, fair play !

That was in '96 so can't remember the insurer now lol I hand painted her badly after that and then she was off the road (well in a field( with the windows out for 13 years, this is her now ......

May11289.jpg

I think she proves nothing is beyong repair :D

Gert Big T said:
Why does the insurance take so long ????????????????????????????

because they are robbing scum of the earth b*****ds :evil: (i rear ended someone in 2009 which broke a headlight on my golf,......still ongoing with a £10000 reserve hence my through the roof insurance costs WTF!!!!!)

sorry i just had to add that.......glad the family are all ok

At last, insurance have settled a figure I can live with (not great, but not bad either) so have decided to replace the bus as too many bad memories now. Will certainly be an early bay again.
I want to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to Graham (Midland Early Bay) and Mike (Clem) for there help and advice during a very stressful period.

Latest posts