Evnin all

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...... well, the story so far.
Not sure if reading between the lines earlier in the thread gave it away or not.
But at the end of may I split with my partner of 19 years.
Its what we both wanted(ish). We could have carried on till the end of time but figured we'd probably end up resenting eachother.
House going on the market hopefully later this month so we can start our lives hapily apart.
The bus had to go unfortunately for obvious reasons and strangely enough dont realy miss it.
I created a bit of a monster. I put my heart and soul into it and over 6 years restored my bus to almost perfecion, imo of course.
Was scared to use it or take it anyware due to its mint paint job.
Although once the dust settles and theres money again I'll be on the lookout for another pre 72.
Still got a set of freshly painted 15s at work with brand new tyres fitted in the hope a bus one day comes my way.
Next one will stay patinad though...........
Il stay lurking about. Its a cool forum, better than some and a lot better than others.
The new owner of my old van is registered on here but yet to post.
Hes a decent bloke and hope he mixes in well with you lot, cant see why not.
Think thats it for now.

Enjoy your busses people :mrgreen:

Rich

Onwards and upwards fella.
Sad news but you are doing the right thing.
Best of luck with everything :)

Um, rather than commiserations, I thinks congratulations are due to both of you for having the balls to recognise it wasn't working out and to let each other go on your merry way if that is what you both felt you wanted... The easy option is to stay together and plod on under the reaper wields his unruly axe...

Life begins at 40 so they say, and now you have a golden opportunity to rebuild, restart, go your own way and live your own dreams now you are old enough to know what they really are...

Sure, the short term pain will be hard on you and you need to find yourself again.. But I truly believe you'll come out of this better off dude, and hopefully with a lovely patina'd bus too!!

Glass half full chap!

Latest posts