exhaust too loud ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pom2ter

Reaction score
hello

i'm currently running an empi single tip exhaust , and it's too loud and aggresive for my ears on the higway ( with a 1700 t1 motor and a CA gearbox )... do you know another model that will be more quiet ? ( i know , it will be a good way to change the gearbox )

"merci"

fallingoffalot said:
I changed my vintage speed for a JK quiet-pack stainless. It's a much nicer sound IMO, deeper and not as loud and it doesn't backfire as much.

oh ... i was thinking VS can be a good choice :(

The reason it backfired is because it's attached to a 1776 which has no choke, so when cold runs too lean and pops a bangs. With the JK system it doesn't do this. Maybe something to do with the longer pipes being better suited to the engine?

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

pom2ter said:
fallingoffalot said:
I changed my vintage speed for a JK quiet-pack stainless. It's a much nicer sound IMO, deeper and not as loud and it doesn't backfire as much.

oh ... i was thinking VS can be a good choice :(

Nope, Vintage speed are over priced dog shit.

ok ... a friend talk about Ahnendorp B.A.S. exhaust , but seem expensive :/

pom2ter said:
davidoft said:
Stock are pretty nice

for sure .... but with a light upgraded engine , maybe i will lost some hp

I'm running a standard Beetle exhaust backbox with two bus standard tailipipes on my 1955cc. It runs nicely and still has plenty of go. Sure, I might get 1-2bhp more but my engine is for torque, not drag racing :)

Tofufi said:
pom2ter said:
davidoft said:
Stock are pretty nice

I'm running a standard Beetle exhaust backbox with two bus standard tailipipes on my 1955cc. It runs nicely and still has plenty of go. Sure, I might get 1-2bhp more but my engine is for torque, not drag racing :)

and nice sound i presume ... but y've a ( tow hitch ? " un attelage " ) for my caravan , don't kown if il will fit

pom2ter said:
Tofufi said:
pom2ter said:

and nice sound i presume ... but y've a ( tow hitch ? " un attelage " ) for my caravan , don't kown if il will fit
We have a Westfalia copy Tow Hitch on ours with a VS exhaust.

I’ve got a 1641 with a pair of webbers on it with a nice stainless Vintage Speed. Looks great, sounds great, and works just like it should. I have no choke on mine so it does run rough for between thirty seconds and a minute or so. By the time I’ve closed the garage door and reversed up the lane, we’re ready for action and I’ll then race anyone on their BMX so long as it’s on a straight :lol: Most VWs will put up with the odd faux pas here and there, but issues really become problematic when they’re compounded and multiplied. So if you’ve got no choke, that’s one thing, but if you’ve got no choke and a little zoorst leak, then you’ve got pops and bangs etc while warming up. Vintage Speed has been and still is fab for my little bus and little motor but if I ever try and take on Senna then I might look at summfink else :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, but till then :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I’ve got a 1641 with a pair of webbers on it with a nice stainless Vintage Speed. Looks great, sounds great, and works just like it should. I have no choke on mine so it does run rough for between thirty seconds and a minute or so. By the time I’ve closed the garage door and reversed up the lane, we’re ready for action.

Yeah....what he said, but ours is 1776 with pair of webbers. Pretty much the same story at start up. Quite happy with the VS exhaust.

Latest posts