Fanny the Vanny

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisavx

Reaction score
Fanny is a 1967 Westy Early Bay LHD import. We are just gently tidying her up whilst trying to keep her as original as possible (without being too precious over it). Luckily for us the leaky pop top was replaced before we bought her and she came with a shiny new MOT! So far, we have adjusted the steering and replaced the gear plate which has improved the driving a lot! We have replaced some of the fuel lines and plan on finishing that job this week. We've installed a fire suppression system and bought a fire extinguisher too!

Next jobs on the list are curtains, seatbelts and seat restoration. Any advice or info welcome, this is our first time doing anything like this.

Cracking looking bus - love the colour and the interior is fantastic!
Keep the pics coming

8) 8)

Hello !
I'm really liking the look of your Fanny it's very nice

:msn4: :mrgreen:

It's been a while but Fanny has had a fair bit of work done on her:-

Some welding to the cab floor pan, battery tray and front sill. A fair bit of work which has resulted in massive steering improvements (she no longer wants to launch us into ditches and verges) and replacement lights to make her legal on UK roads. :roll:

We restored the driver and passenger seats ourselves and did a sterling job, even if I do say so myself. :eek:

We are currently awaiting a complete rewire and to hopefully adapt the current US hook up to a UK one, rather than fitting one under the van.

We have removed the original wardrobe (which is for sale in the early bay parts section) ready for a new locker which will free up the rear window for better vision.

We have a swanky new set of curtains and will soon be fitting new interior ply.

Oh and she's also had a respray and some whitewall tyres fitted! :D

We also have a cunning plan underway for a removable kitchenette that enables us to cook indoors and outdoors or leave it at home if we want extra space! :?:

Pics to follow...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

c5e1004558d9b85516d7e7c75b6e7746.jpg
ae5090c28e31b58407bfc99b1dc69350.jpg
86b3538e3213ae1a95da6c2465c60ed8.jpg

Removed all the old ply and insulation yesterday. The van had a fair amount of water damage from a leaky roof so the existing ply was in a sorry state. Waiting for new electrics and then installing nice new ply! [emoji106]

Those big fat screws in the roof are from the repair the previous garage did to the leaking roof by replacing the canvas. Not particularly happy with the massive screws sticking in it and wondering whether to dremel them off? Any suggestions?

Soundproofing now... using quickroof. I'm actually enjoying the process even though my back isn't!

Hi where do you get the quikroof from?

I was gonna use flashing tape but my mate says the bitumen can leak out.

We ordered it from eBay. Unfortunately it's not as cheap and it would be if you got it over there. There's no smell or anything. We (my partner) did a good bit of research and decided this was the best option. If you watch Chris Vallone's vids on you tube he shows another version that is the same as this but relabelled.

Cheers for the feedback.

I've found some poormans dynamat on ebay for £35 for 5m x 50cm which seems ok for that stuff.

This is 6 inches by 25m if that helps with comparison. Think it's about £36 a roll. I used a full roll yesterday doing fully under the rock and roll bed, rear wheel arches and applying strips on the rear hatch and sliding door.

f9f857dfa91c2b88e6ad7194b5a8df30.jpg

Can I ask who done your bodywork looks a tidy job will need some doing myself shortly am up your neck of the woods

Mr Bean said:
Can I ask who done your bodywork looks a tidy job will need some doing myself shortly am up your neck of the woods
The welding etc was done at vanimal in leigh. They've done a really good job with all the work. The respray was done at a place in astley. They scanned the colour and went off that.

Loving the bus, so far I have resisted all temptation to respond to the name of your van and I`m trying my hardest to do so for as long as you keep popping things on here. Will I give in ??? probably :lol: The seats look absolutely ace if I do say so myself :mrgreen: You must have chuckled to yourself when you named this little van, I`d have been in hysterics,,, knowing what sort of quips you was gonna get :lol: I`m guessing this insulation is more for panel drumming and noise reduction more so than thermal properties but it must have some sort of U value as everything does. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Got all the way through 8) :mrgreen: 8)

Latest posts