fav vinyl?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlislecamper

Reaction score
just sitting at home with a bottle ov red going through my old records,forgot wat i have wats your fav record?currently got pills n thrills and bellyaches on,gud days

just bought my dads house and was going through his stuff to throw alot of it out and found his record collection, in there was a mint Bill Hailey and the Comets - Rock around the Clock (1956) :lol: doesnt even look like its been played.

i wonder what its worth?

its mixed in with charlie pride, nana mouskoury etc :roll:

northern soul,motown,but dont mind a bit of ac/dc,black sabbath ect espec when the band at shakey(drag racing)straight up play.like all sorts but cant stand c&w,yeehaa :shock:

love the vinyl ..... soul, funk, r&b, ska etc.

got my punk collection from when i was a kid tucked away still too.

It has to be 'new boots and panties' by 'ian dury and the blockheads' for me.
The first album i ever bought was schools out by Alice Cooper, had a cover like a schooldesk and came with a pair of paper pants, should have saved them instead of wearing them, they would have been worth something now! :lol:

Araon said:
If its just to chillax with then probably Hash Smits by the Moonflowers ....... We dig your earth 8)

Dood! i know the moonflowers, Errol the drummer used to be in my band ;) been on stage with them aswell :mrgreen:

I was enjoying the first Dexys album last night.

Of current musin, Im digging Mumford and Sons right now.

I cant pinpoint an all time favourite I dont think, too many variables.

thinking back, i think the first 45 i bought was "oliver's army" elvis costello, and i can still visualise the day i bought "when you're young" by the jam.

first album, about 1971 (i think) i was conned by my mum into spending some christmas money on tammy wynette's greatest hits, which i think my mum still owns to this day!

Its made me want to go and rescue my Vinyl collection from my Mum n Dads attic. I know i somehow aquired an original Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks over the years

1st Single - Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
1st Album - Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell

Favourite Album - Pearl Jam - 10 (1st one in my car CD plater still after all these years)

Paulwillie1000 said:
It has to be 'new boots and panties' by 'ian dury and the blockheads' for me.
good shout

stranglers; rattus norvegicus
pistols; never mind....
specials and the beat

most returned to would have to be The Stone Roses

some great music around now too, Jamie T for one

This thread got me looking in the loft. Loads of Deep Purple, Led Zep, Motorhead, Gong, Camel, Hawkwind and more of that ilk, but hard as it is to have a fave, got to be any AC/DC, particularly Highway to Hell. Got a lot on CD/i-pod now, but really need a digital copy of Ian Gillans first solo album, 'Mr Universe', my vinyl is scratched to hell so is no use for reproducing. Welded to the car stereo are two later albums (though old now) of a slightly different genre, Happy Mondays - Pills 'n' thrills & bellyaches, along with Black Grape - It's great when your straight, yeah!
Pretty sure the first vinyl I bought was, and remember I'm not in the first flush of youth and I was about 7 at the time, was, here we go, 'Remember your a Womble'..:oops:
Couldn't find that, but did dig up in it's original sleeve The Beatles - Elanor Rigby/Yellow Submarine on Parlophone 45. A few others of that era too. Not my kind of stuff, but might sell for enough for a night out ;) And not for sale; Jam - tubestation, Stranglers - no more heroes, Ramones - dont come close, Ian Dury - rhythm stick.
Music, so much wonderful stuff out there, old stuff, current stuff and loads more to come.
Bring it on!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Did I mention JLS?... No?........ Wonder why?......................

My alltime fav is "Beware" by Integrated Circuits.

I still only buy vinyl and my current fav is "United Acid Emirates" by Ceephax

Latest posts