Fellow sunroof bus owners...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendy

Reaction score
I have just fitted a ply lining to my bus and have realised that I don't have a clue what to do with the sunroof inner panel, I've got the panel itself, that the headlining material is usually put on, but I wondered what other people had done with theirs as I've never seen one 'in the flesh' :roll:
Could you put ply on there (would that be too thick?) or vinyl?
Any suggestions and pictures appreciated thank you :D

Mine had the headliner removed and was plain grey so I just cleaned it up and left it. Looked quite good. I imagine you could fix some this ply to it so it would match the rest of the roof

Pete

Thanks Pete

I'll look at getting some ply to fit I think then, the panel I've got is pretty manky although I haven't tried to clean it yet :)

W

Not sure if the panel is smooth, but how about painting it body colour?

Hows it going to work? Ply isnt going to be able to run along the chanell surely?

Rich

I wondered about the thickness of the ply getting in the way but as I've not seen an actual working sunroof I'm clueless :roll: :)
The inner panel looks like it's shaped to take the roof lining material with holes for the metal 'bow' rod things to sit in. It's a bit *too* shaped to be painted I think :?
I was toying with the idea of getting something like canvas or similar printed to make it a bit different but I'm still wainting for inspiration to hit :lol:

Thanks for the replies tho :D

Latest posts