fiberglass bumpers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderlust

Reaction score
has anyone got these? been looking at the ones from nomorerustybits, do they hold up in a crash? i do like the look of them but obviously safety counts.

I doubt they are that good in a crash. Have you seen these...

http://www.riveria-roof-company.co.uk/bumpers.html

I got fibre glass bumpers on mine. They will not hold up to well in a crash, but I have had someone drive into the side and they just sprung back :shock: 8) no damage atall.

I am sure if you hit something with a bit of force straight on they would be rubbish, but the normal bumber just bend up and are not that good anyway.

Go get em and save yourself a few kilos in weight on the van! plus they never rust! result in my book. Nobody notices until they got down on hands and knees to have a nose :wink:

i have one from riviera, you have to drill your own bolt holes and for some reason mine is a bit wider than the bus, i still need to get some bolts to fit it on properly.

no more rusty bits is apparently all ready just to be bolted straight on.

being fiberglass means they should hopefully never rust, and they are a bit cheaper than trying to source nice staright bumpers.

only my rear is fiber as my bront bumper is straight.

they are lighter as well dont forget.

fibre glass is ok but i could not go for one on the front i just grind out too much but your right ez they dont rust :lol:

Yours only grind out cos you half about an inch from bumper to floor! :lol:

would love to go lower but the concil keep putting speed humps everywhere :lol:

Latest posts