Fire extinguishers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
For all you guys with extinguishers fitted in the engine bay any chance of sound pics to see how and where you have mounted them?

I have one to go in my bus but am struggling to work out how best to fit.

The opposite battery tray is a no go as I have a leisure battery so the obvious place is above the engine but the how have you secured them?

Rather than having the holed type board there mine is solid and gas been riveted in place so it's not obvious what to fasten yo if that makes sense.

The extinguisher I have should also be mounted at a slight angle too I believe so I presumably would have to add some form of spacer.

This might help:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65346

I'm afraid my photos are still on Photobucket so you need the workaround add-in thingy to see them.

Put my firetec system on the firewall as is a horizontal mount one, also have leisure battery and dual carb. I don’t have the holed board either is just cable tied to roof.

Also moved the filter out of Engine bay since this pic when replacing fuel lines.

52bd39a740ddae4a33ddb7a0fbd2f870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmcg said:
Put my firetec system on the firewall as is a horizontal mount one, also have leisure battery and dual carb. I don’t have the holed board either is just cable tied to roof.

Also moved the filter out of Engine bay since this pic when replacing fuel lines.

52bd39a740ddae4a33ddb7a0fbd2f870.jpg

Cheers, so how is the actual extinguisher secured? Is that cable tied too and if so what to ?

Fire extinguisher is held onto firewall with metal bracket that came with it, which is bolted onto firewall.

Then has some cable ties on for extra security

Does anyone know, if I mount it to the roof of the engine bay is there anything beneath the board that I could hit if I drill through ?

I fitted mine on the left wheel well at an angle towards the engine.

If you have a powder one like the fireblitz ones on ebay they cant be mounted dead horizontal or they wont work, need to be at least at a slight angle, 10% is enough.

It’s gas but similar to the fire blitz and as you say it has to be on an angle, the spare well is defo a possibility although it’s already incredibly tight around there for getting to that pesky plug 😂

Latest posts