Fitting new front door cards what adhesive do i use to stick

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used Evostick contact adhesive on mine. Apply both sides. Wait five minutes then stick and add a weight if it's a tricky corner.

I repaired an old slide card that was bent creased and coming undone, on the creases I slapped on
some diluted PVA and then weighed in down on flat surface with some polythene to stop the weights (books)
sticking. On teh edges I used Bostick general purpose glue (or wilkos equivalent) also with some weights on
one edge at a time.

When I finished I rushed out to the van and to fit it with new clips only to discover none of the clip holes lined up
and the handle cut-out was wrong - bugger 'twas a late one!

JS

I've just done mine, 40 yr old hardboard with VW stamp but disintegrating, new hardboard panels from C&C, make sure they have holes in all the right places, mine were missing one or two, and I also had to drill holes for the deluxe door arm rests/vent channels - fit the vinyl onto the door card, put it on a flat surface hardboard down, put a weight over half of it, use contact adhesive doing the other half, and follow the glue lines on the vinyl to get the cushioning effect of the original, then do the other half, then stick the edges holding them down with batten and small clamps, scrubbing brush and some vinyl cleaner, come up as good as new

Latest posts