• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Foam seal for oil cooler WANTED

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Power

Reaction score
I need some of this,it has been suggested b&q sell it,but I could not find any.
Could anyone point me in the right direction,or if you have a bit spare post it.
Cheers Max

No probs, I can get it just not sure when I'll have the time.

From memory I have some spare at home but don't know how much is left,

I'll have I measure an oil cooler to see how much is needed, unless someone can tell me?

I did go a bit ott with the one pictured above but it's only cause the tinware had been butchered.

Thanks for the reply 89rallye,I found this on eBay,it doesn't have the vw scene tax added either!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200664436399?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers Max

Here you go, available in black and white.

http://www.diy.com/nav/build/insulation/draught-excluders/door___window_seals/B-and-Q-Door-and-Window-Foam-Seal-12628584?skuId=13149290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That DIY stuff is rubbish, I have a roll of self adhesive neoprene (40mm wide) - I use it for ductwork and Solar installations, if you don't get sorted i can stick a bit in the post - if you still want some?

subheatadey said:
That DIY stuff is rubbish, I have a roll of self adhesive neoprene (40mm wide) - I use it for ductwork and Solar installations, if you don't get sorted i can stick a bit in the post - if you still want some?
Cheers for that offer,I have ordered the one on ebay in the link above which I hope is ok.If not i'll let you know.

Got a full roll now if anyone's still in need.

C95F96DE-4D11-457C-895C-DFF2F0B8CBFF_zpslymhu34p.jpg

One of our country´s leading stock aircooled VW engine builders (he is a retired VW mechanic and his father owned a VW dealeship :)...) always uses a strip cut off an old carpet (about 2cm wide) - the kind that has a layer of foam at the bottom. Easy to find, cheap and works perfectly :)...

earlydeluxe said:
One of our country´s leading stock aircooled VW engine builders (he is a retired VW mechanic and his father owned a VW dealeship :)...) always uses a strip cut off an old carpet (about 2cm wide) - the kind that has a layer of foam at the bottom. Easy to find, cheap and works perfectly :)...

Easy to find if your a carpet fitter :lol:

I know this would function perfectly well but if I'd bought a professionally rebuilt engine and found bits of carpet in it, I wouldn't be too happy.

Well, to get built/rebuilt an engine is a matter of trust. Luckily the fella I am talking about is far beyond any doubt, he has rebuilt hundreds of stock engines and they all work perfectly. Just picked up my rebuilt longblock last week - rebuilt with NOS VW cylinder set, valves etc.. - and it had a neatly cut strip of carpet around the oil cooler, ready for assembly :). I am a happy man ;-)

Latest posts