Front badge - when did they change!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bibble

Reaction score
Morning all

When did the front nose badge change ? Trying to keep my van as period correct as possible and want to have an original nose badge rather than repro if I can. How late can I go into the 70s to source a later original before the badge changed from those On the 1970 EB I have ?

Or does anyone have an EB one hanging around ..........! Guess not :D

Best wishes

Jonathan

You wouldn't want to put a late bay badge onto your 1970 because they changed size. You are looking for a 10 inch emblem and it should be painted white to match your bumpers if you want to be authentic.

Hello both - thank you for your reply - apologies for the delay in responding - have been away. Daft question, but what is the weight of an original badge ? I guess there are lots of copy the same dimensions but weight is likely to be different I would have thought..... Need to get out more !

Jonathan

I posted the same question on the samba to try and determine if badges were original, but no response. Would still like to know.

Hello Magoo - it's a pity no one has replied to the weight question. I bought one from evil bay - claims to be genuine 68 -72 - correct size at 10 inches and it looks and feels pretty good. It weighs in at 370 grams, in primer. I have also bought a chrome one - again 10 inches the chap think it comes from a 74 ? But the size would be wrong I guess at 10 inches, he advises it's original. When it arrives will let you know what it looks like and weighs !

Best wishes

Jonathan

Are the ebay badges any good? seem to always be available and keen to get one but they seem to cost a fair bit if they are not genuine

Decent quality hardened steel, but look at the price of the non-genuine show quality chrome badges sold by the usual retailers.

The quality of the badge I have is good. Will compare it to the other when it arrives. And give you an update on weight if nothing else

Latest posts