Fuel leaking from 34Pict/3 Carb

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy

Reaction score
Hello, I have got my engine all going and stuff, but have just noticed that when I stop the engine that fuel is leaking what seems to be out of the Throttle Valve (the bolt that goes all the way though, you can just see a built up drip from there, everywhere above that seems fine.

Any idea on what I should do?

Sounds like the throttle shaft......means you must have some play in it i guess, could explain and flat spots you may have been having, not helping running a 009 either, had the same bother myself.

There is a guy selling bushes on ebay, dont know how easy to fit though, cant find the link, maybe someone knows.....

Alistair

Had a similar prob with my twin carbs. Yes it leaks from there, but the problem came from a sticking needle valve. Once stationary the valve stuck open, fuel dripped down the carb and because the throttle butterfly was closed the fuel wouldpool around there and make its way out of the spindle.

Cool I will look into that, just been out there again and it seems fine but I will keep my eye on it :D

I had exactly the same thing 3 days ago when trying to do the tuning - I'll cut n' paste the relevant bit from a thread on Kampertech - engine wouldn't run it was so rich, and a leak from exactly where you are talking about - just a drip from both ends. Cleaned out jets and things, put it back on - not a single drop anywhere!

Latest posts