Fuel pump

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valentine Won

Reaction score
Has any one ever heard a tapping noise coming from there fuel pump and then a glugging sound after being out in there busses and should I be concerned?
Cheers Shaun

Valentine Won said:
Has any one ever heard a tapping noise coming from there fuel pump and then a glugging sound after being out in there busses and should I be concerned?
Cheers Shaun

The usual problem with fuel pumps is the rod shortens and doesn't quite delivery enough fuel. The rod is driven off a cam lobe so could be the noise you hear....nothing to worry about unless the pump is leaking fuel in to the engine bay or in the oil

Smelt the oil on the dipstick and also drained some out and could not smell any petrol might buy a fuel pump and bits and take it with me on hols just in case , have noticed there's a crack in the fuel feed pedestal so might get one of those as well :roll:
Cheers Just

If yours is an original pump mate I wouldn't change it for a shite repro one. But I guess if you need a spare it's worth having as back up, but look for another OG one

Latest posts