Full flow set ups - pics pls

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r73

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the best set up /fittings for my full flow set up to best clear the moustache bar

I'm running a CSP pressure relief oil pump cover with outlet and the return is the tapped into the main oil galley above, mounted a filter head under the leisure battery tray

Gonna be using aeroquip hoses and push fittings onto 3/8 npt threads into,the case/oil pump

Also using a 26 mm pump so that's slightly more proud of case as well, resigned to the fact that I may need to section the moustache bar

Cheers peeps
:D

I bought the Gene Berg kit it has everything you need, including idiot proof instructions and fitted without any problems, the only two things I had to buy tool wise was a drill bit and a tap, both of which I've still got if you are near me you can borrow them.

Have you already drilled/tapped the NPT threads into the case? I would suggest possibly using a BSP thread and a dowty seal.

The NPT thread form is old technology and is a common leak point, better elastomeric(SAE/BSP) or metal to metal face sealing(JIC/Autoclave) fittings are much more reliable!

Sent from my thl T6 pro using Tapatalk

rlepecha said:
Have you already drilled/tapped the NPT threads into the case? I would suggest possibly using a BSP thread and a dowty seal.

The NPT thread form is old technology and is a common leak point, better elastomeric(SAE/BSP) or metal to metal face sealing(JIC/Autoclave) fittings are much more reliable!

Yeah already had it drilled and tapped for NPT threads, I didn't really think about BSP and a dowty seal, it's a good point though, looks a better bet for minimising leaks but it's done now!
I'm gonna use -8JIC / aeroquip fittings but think I'll need a 90deg or 45deg square elbow out of the case/pump cover.
I may be able to space the moustache bar off the case to clear the cover or clearance the bar a bit.

r73 said:
rlepecha said:

Yeah already had it drilled and tapped for NPT threads, I didn't really think about BSP and a dowty seal, it's a good point though, looks a better bet for minimising leaks but it's done now!
I'm gonna use -8JIC / aeroquip fittings but think I'll need a 90deg or 45deg square elbow out of the case/pump cover.
I may be able to space the moustache bar off the case to clear the cover or clearance the bar a bit.
Fair enough, make sure you use proper Aeroquip 400 series hose, there are cheaper alternatives out there but the max temperature is 100c whereas the Aeroquip stuff is 150c (just in case the oil is hotter than you think!).

I bought all my stuff from http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They were very helpful and delivered quickly. My set up is using a CB Maxi 3 pump (in-out both on the pump cover) so can't really help with your set up. I did however clearance the moustache bar for the AN/JIC hose ends.

My filter is mounted under the bus in front of the rear torsion tube, I didn't want it behind the back wheel as its likely to get covered in sh*t even with mudflaps on!

Thanks,
I use Think Automotive, just up the road from me in Isleworth, they supply all the proper hose and fittings, good point about the filter getting covered in crap, might make a cover for it

Latest posts