Glastonbury 2017

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm praying for sun as only have the solar panel to keep fridge going :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

Sausage said:
We are going West CV as fancied a change. The website was a bit slow this year, took a while to get through. Actually started to get a little worried but all's well that ends well.
Bring it on.

I wasn't the only with heart palpitations on Thursday at midday then. Bloody site didn't give any options at first just kept offering me to edit profile!

East CV secured.

Now just searching all the rumour mills daily as Radiohead don't really do it for me.

Daft punk however... please Eavis' makes it happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookie said:
Sausage said:
East CV secured.

Now just searching all the rumour mills daily as Radiohead don't really do it for me.

Daft punk however... please Eavis' makes it happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Daft Punk and the Roses seem to have been ruled out now :( Ed Sheeran seems the only firm rumour, and Lady Gaga but i dont think she'd headline. Always stuff elsewhere to do and see though so no big worry.

Anyone camped in their van in the East field before? What's it like? Is it on a hill?
Did the West last year & after the rain was a nightmare for some getting out.

I always camp in East. Its much bigger than West, has family and general areas but its all pretty decent and chilled. There are water points and toilet blocks but the loos aren't great after day one! There are minimal food vans up there so self sufficiency is the key. Its a steep hill to climb but its only once a day. It was as muddy as hell last year, but I just pootled out and left wheel spinning hired motor homes in the rear mirror :D most people who were stuck were in vehicles or combo's (fwd cars with caravans etc) that had no chance and also many had no idea how to drive in such conditions. All the main routes are metal tracked anyway, but this year will be scorching hot anyway. Possibly. :)

Nice advice on the self sufficiency. Tins and a saucepan will be packed, bacon gone on first day.

Having to travel down on Thursday night (work commitments) so it's going to be a long night.

Getting pretty excited now.... Gotta stock up on tinned pineapple for the morning hangovers :) We'll be in the green fields at the Croissant Neuf stage- last year we couldn't get backstage because of the mud so parked on the main walkway on Tuesday night and woke up to zillions of punters walking around :) Hopefuly it'll be drier this year, eh.

Clem said:
I always camp in East. Its much bigger than West, has family and general areas but its all pretty decent and chilled.

Hi Clem,
My tickets arrived today - Was in West field last year, but this year got East field family camping (didn't specifically select family camping but must have been the only tickets left in East field).

Is that area usually at the top of the so-called Hill of Death?

Cheers,
Steve

Got my tickets yesterday- though I wasn't allowed to hold them :-( not responsible enough hehe. This is not going to be a good week for work- too excited :)

Walt said:
Clem said:
I always camp in East. Its much bigger than West, has family and general areas but its all pretty decent and chilled.

Hi Clem,
My tickets arrived today - Was in West field last year, but this year got East field family camping (didn't specifically select family camping but must have been the only tickets left in East field).

Is that area usually at the top of the so-called Hill of Death?

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah :lol:

Depending where you camp, you can sort of avoid the worst of it, when you come into the field take a right hand direction and it's much less steep. It's only a short Climb either way ... I've done it with a child on my shoulders pulling a radio flyer :D

2 more days at work after today. Leaving Brighton Monday night and then its party time. And the forecast is looking pretty much spot on. I am very excited at the mo!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I don't know if you guys follow the social media feeds, but they are asking people to pack lightly to speed up the searches that will be taking place, which will be more thorough than usual.
Remember no glass allowed at all.
They are also asking that all bags be tagged with a name and number, this will mean day bags etc that you take on site for the day etc. It just means that if you lose your bag, you are more likely to get it back with no fuss than it being treated with suspicion, and 'possibly' being damaged/destroyed.

Lastly, come visit 'Olive In A Bus' in Williams Green for olives, hummous, fresh lemonade and cheese platters! :D

Latest posts