Good spray gun

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trebor

Reaction score
Can you point me in the right direction for a good spray gun, I did get a cheap one from Machine mart :( leaks out of the needle gland all the time. Don't want anything too exotic just a good one.

I got the Pgf 14. Took it apart and there is a ptfe gland on the needle it keeps leaking from. The spring won't tighten it down any more.

I found an as new devilbiss GTi gravity fed gun on VZI for £80, it's lush, it's my full time laquer gun now! :D :)

There's lots of different models to choose from don't suppose one size nozzle does all ?

I tried some filler primer today which seems a bit of a struggle with the gun I've got. It's a 1.4 nozzle.

Depends how thick your filler primer is??
I have an el cheapo gravity fed with a 1.8 tip in for primer!!

trebor said:
There's lots of different models to choose from don't suppose one size nozzle does all ?

You need the correct air cap too when it comes to devilbiss... They do have a pdf chart on their website that tells you what fluid tip and air cap that you need for certain paint systems..

But general rule of thumb is, primer 1.8, solid colour 1.3, base coat/clear coat 1.1/1.2

I've got the PGF18 from machine mart as my epoxy primer gun. It's the same as your 14, it just has a 1.8 fluid tip... If it's less than a year old, I'd be inclined to take it back as it sounds like it might be faulty... Mine has never leaked from the needle seal!! :)

Latest posts