Here's Hank, 68 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankie said:
I know its mad but I like the pattern its made like a cheeta :) Frankie

the whole roof will be going like that over the next few weeks, maybe I could start a new trend?

Had a lovely sunny day today so cracked on with the roof some more.

progress was of a similar style to the rest of the roof, sanding, fillering, sanding, hammering, sanding etc

Here's the progress pics:

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

it's getting there here was yesterday

DSC00509.jpg

and this is now:

DSC00521.jpg

if it stays dry again tomorrow I might break the half way point, that'll be a boost :D

Todays progress was far better than I expected, especially after getting distracted by the TV til lunchtime!

But fuelled up on chocolate eggs and cups of tea I got back up the ladder with my DA.

I'd hoped to get past the half way stage with the main part of the roof today and I didn't disappoint :D

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

I got right upto the front on the left hand side including the narrower part down to the gutter:

DSC00531.jpg

Then I started the other side, and again got upto the windscreen, but not the narrow lower part on this side:

DSC00529.jpg

As usual a coat of etch to protect the bare metal followed:

DSC00533.jpg

I still have half of one narrow bit and the front to do, as well as the stripe in the middle and the gutters need looking at properly, and all the rust patches from todays effort need hammering and filling too but it's a big boost seeing less white :D

looking real good .....your doing some quality work there sara.
keep it up.
whats the colour of the roof finally to be?

ste :mrgreen:

ooro said:
looking real good .....your doing some quality work there sara.
keep it up.
whats the colour of the roof finally to be?

ste :mrgreen:

thank you :D

it's going back to stock colours, neptune blue for the body and cloud white for the roof, bumpers and wheels.

Latest posts